Java applet dont work with integrated windows authentication

Discussion in 'Java' started by aaapaul, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. aaapaul

    aaapaul Guest

    We are having an Intranet based on IIS 5.0 where I need Integrated
    Windows authentication:

    My Problem:

    I have 2 Possibilities:

    1) "Windows authentication"

    I only choose "Windows authentication" at IIS.

    My java applets dont work since Windows SP Xp1a (just Sun-Java)

    A java-dialog appears with Passwort-Query
    (Passwort erforderlich - Netzwerk) Firewall/Bereich/Schema

    2) "Windows authentication" AND "Anonymous access"

    I choose "Windows authentication" AND "Anonymous access" at IIS

    My java applet work (I think they need anonymous access), but then I
    have

    a problem with my asp/asp.net scripts.

    The user to connect to the database is not the windows user, then it
    is then IUSR_MACHINE.
    (I use Integrated Security=SSPI)

    Do you have any idea ?

    1) Can I config java applets to work with windows securtiy

    2) Can I get the real windows-user with asp/asp.net when I choose both
    authentications (not just IUSR_xy)

    3) Are there any changes in the IE-Settings necessary ?

    thanks
    paul

    p.s.:
    I use i.e. then Frontpage 2000 Applets (fprotate.class,fphover.class)
    aaapaul, Apr 28, 2004