Java Applet Failed to Load

Discussion in 'Java' started by MrFile, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. MrFile

    MrFile Guest

    Guys,

    As a .NET developer i am having a bit of a problem trying to figure out
    whats wrong with this Java Embedded application i was asked to deploy
    via IIS 6.0. THis application works just fine when installed locally
    from the CD but when i install it on a box with IIS and try to share it
    out the Java Applet is failing to start. (Sun Java Console error
    details below).

    The same Applet works just fine on my local machine where this
    application is also installed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.ContextRupPresenter.<clinit>(ContextRupPresenter.java:42)
    at
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.RupPresenterApplet.showPage(RupPresenterApplet.java:501)
    at
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.RupPresenterApplet.init(RupPresenterApplet.java:268)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for
    base name com.rational.rpw.processtools.PROCESSTOOLS, locale en_US
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown
    Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
    at
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.Translations.<clinit>(Translations.java:17)
    ... 5 more
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.showLoadingError(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.showAppletStatus(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.RupPresenterApplet.showPage(RupPresenterApplet.java:501)
    at
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.RupPresenterApplet.init(RupPresenterApplet.java:268)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Exception in thread "thread
    applet-com.rational.rpw.processtools.RupPresenterApplet.class"
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.showLoadingError(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.showAppletException(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

    MrFile, Aug 19, 2005

  2. "MrFile" <> writes:

    > com.rational.rpw.processtools.ContextRupPresenter.<clinit>(ContextRupPresenter.java:42)

    Something on line 42 of that class threw an exception. Since it's an
    initializer block (in this case, static initialization), it was
    generalized. The real exception is further down:

    > Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for
    > base name com.rational.rpw.processtools.PROCESSTOOLS, locale en_US

    Basically your applet's classpath contains neither
    com.rational.rpw.processtools.PROCESSTOOLS.class nor
    com/rational/rpw/processtools/PROCESSTOOLS.properties.

    The rest of the trace seems to be follow-up exceptions related to
    missing libraries.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Aug 19, 2005

  3. MrFile

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 19 Aug 2005 07:26:11 -0700, "MrFile" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >com.rational.rpw.processtools.Translations.<clinit>(Translations.java:17)

    This looks like the culprit. Find the source code for
    com.rational.proccesstools.Translations. look in the static
    initialisation on line 17. tell us what you see.

    Roedy Green, Aug 20, 2005