Java applet failed when I try to load the avi file in my java applet

Discussion in 'Java' started by Krista, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Krista

    Krista Guest

    Hi everyone,
    I am a new person in Java and JMF. I tried to use HTML to run the
    class of the SimplePlayerApplet.java that is posted in java.sun.com.

    html:
    <applet code=SimplePlayerApplet.class width=320 height=300>
    <param name=file value="sun.avi">

    I got a java applet failed. I am not sure where should i put the
    sun.avi file? The SimplePlayerApplet.class and sun.avi are in my
    desktop. Is it right as <param name=file value="sun.avi">? Sometimes,
    i will see people write as <param name=file value="file
    usr/local/media/sun.avi">?? Where is the local? in the server? I need
    help.....Please!!!!

    Thanks

    Krista
    Krista, Sep 14, 2004

  2. On 13 Sep 2004 16:20:14 -0700, Krista wrote:

    > I am a new person in Java and JMF. I tried to use
    > HTML to run the class of the SimplePlayerApplet.java

    I will help you further if you make a post
    on the group for those starting in Java
    programming, further described here..

    But what? You're a
    1) beginner
    2) dealing with applets
    3) that require an extra package.

    You have some stress ahead. ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Krista

    Krista Guest

    Hi, you mean I should post the question in comp.lany.java.help? I just
    copy the file from java.sun.com and try to compile it. But it doesn't
    work. It makes me headaches. Do you put the right location? Should I
    put the .class file and the .avi file at the same place such as
    desktop? Thanks

    Krista, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Andrew Thompson, Sep 15, 2004