java applet frame link

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Kenneth Montgomery, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. I have this embedded dropdown menu applet that is suppose to be in the
    navigation frame and the target URL content in the content frame. But I
    can't seem to the script to put the content into the right frame.

    The applet data .txt file is suppose to direct the browser to load the
    addressed content of the selected file in the right frame, but obviously
    I am doing something wrong.I am new to JAVA and I thought this would be
    a simple thing, but none of the suggestions I read in the tutorial are
    working.

    Help and thanks in advance.

    Here is my applet file and it data.txt file and my frame file.

    <head>
    <title>tree</title>
    </head>
    <applet code=it3free.class width=200 height=300>
    <param name=copyright value="Image Intelligence Ltd. 1998
    (www.imint.com)">
    <param name=menufile value="menu.txt">
    <param name=textfont value="Helvetica">
    <param name=textsize value=11>
    <param name=colourscheme value=7>
    </applet>

    "text:Image Intelligence Applets" "1" "" "" ""

    "text:Ken Montgomery's resume" "2" "" "" "Ken Montgomery's Resume"
    "text:ContactInfo" "3" ""
    "link:http://www.geocities.com/bayouprophet/contactinfo.htm,main"
    "Contact Info"
    "text:professional Skills," "3" ""
    "link:http://www.geocities.com/bayouprophet/professionalskills,main"
    "Professional Skills"
    "text:Technical Skills" "3" ""
    "link:http://www.geocities.com/bayouprophet/technicalskills,main"
    "Technical Skills"

    <head>
    <title>New Page 1</title>
    </head>

    <frameset cols="150,*">
    <frame name="tree" src="tree.html">
    <frame name="main">
    <noframes>

    </noframes>
    </frameset>

    Kenneth Montgomery, Mar 5, 2004

  2. On 05 Mar 2004 16:28:32 GMT, Kenneth Montgomery <>
    wrote:

    > I am new to JAVA and I thought this would be a simple thing, but
    > none of the suggestions I read in the tutorial are working.

    The first thing you need to learn is the difference between Java and
    JavaScript: they are *not* the same thing. They just share the same four
    letters. The first section of this article by Douglas Crockford is a
    little less terse:

    http://www.crockford.com/javascript/javascript.html

    Your question would be better address in one of the Java groups, for
    example comp.lang.java.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter