java applet html editor

tascienu

Microsoft has provided lots of tools to develop web base html editors
for their developers... it's called MSHTML.

this language, has text selection, replace, hyperlinks, etc...

the problem with it, it's it does not work on any other platform. Just
windows with ie. That is ok, because in that case you cover at least
85% of the market. But still, it's not good enough...

is there anywhere i can find code example on developping a java applet
that edits HTML online? feed it with html content, modify the content
with BOLD, ITALIC etc... buttons, and get resultig html.

I've looked around, i've found some examples:
http://www.hotscripts.com/Java/Applets/Content_Management/

but all these examples cost a lot of $$$. it's bizarre...

I wonder if there any software i can use to decompile these examples
above and look at the code??? somebody, somewhere either has the code,
or is willing to sell an applet at a reasonable price...

Please let me know.

Tascien

Marcin Grunwald

[...]

Check this out:
http://www.hexidec.com/ekit.php
Ekit is a free open source Java HTML editor applet and application.

tascienu

that one is great. just what i wanted... It reminds me of the good old
days of Open Source Software... these days, all the programmers have
become greedy!!! Inovation has suffered!!!

Thank you very much!