java applet html editor

Discussion in 'Java' started by tascienu@ecoaches.com, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Microsoft has provided lots of tools to develop web base html editors
    for their developers... it's called MSHTML.

    this language, has text selection, replace, hyperlinks, etc...

    the problem with it, it's it does not work on any other platform. Just
    windows with ie. That is ok, because in that case you cover at least
    85% of the market. But still, it's not good enough...

    is there anywhere i can find code example on developping a java applet
    that edits HTML online? feed it with html content, modify the content
    with BOLD, ITALIC etc... buttons, and get resultig html.

    I've looked around, i've found some examples:
    http://www.hotscripts.com/Java/Applets/Content_Management/

    but all these examples cost a lot of $$$. it's bizarre...

    I wonder if there any software i can use to decompile these examples
    above and look at the code??? somebody, somewhere either has the code,
    or is willing to sell an applet at a reasonable price...

    Please let me know.

    Tascien
    , Apr 26, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > Microsoft has provided lots of tools to develop web base html editors
    > for their developers... it's called MSHTML.
    >
    > this language, has text selection, replace, hyperlinks, etc...
    >
    > the problem with it, it's it does not work on any other platform. Just
    > windows with ie. That is ok, because in that case you cover at least
    > 85% of the market. But still, it's not good enough...
    >
    > is there anywhere i can find code example on developping a java applet
    > that edits HTML online? feed it with html content, modify the content
    > with BOLD, ITALIC etc... buttons, and get resultig html.
    >
    > I've looked around, i've found some examples:
    > http://www.hotscripts.com/Java/Applets/Content_Management/
    >
    > but all these examples cost a lot of $$$. it's bizarre...
    >
    > I wonder if there any software i can use to decompile these examples
    > above and look at the code??? somebody, somewhere either has the code,
    > or is willing to sell an applet at a reasonable price...

    Check this out:
    http://www.hexidec.com/ekit.php
    Ekit is a free open source Java HTML editor applet and application.

    --
    Cheers
    grundig
    Marcin Grunwald, Apr 26, 2005

    that one is great. just what i wanted... It reminds me of the good old
    days of Open Source Software... these days, all the programmers have
    become greedy!!! Inovation has suffered!!!

    Thank you very much!
    , Apr 28, 2005