Java Applet Poking

Chico Che

One of our customers has a java applet which they access through internet
explorer and intranet. I believe it is pl/sql forms of some sort which
runs in a java applet. There are two text boxes that contain information
that we would like to retrieve or in other works scrape and launch our
imaging software to bring up an image associated with this record they have
displayed. Can it be done and if so can someone give me an idea of where
to start.

TIA

William Brogden

Chico Che said:
One of our customers has a java applet which they access through internet
explorer and intranet. I believe it is pl/sql forms of some sort which
runs in a java applet. There are two text boxes that contain information
that we would like to retrieve or in other works scrape and launch our
imaging software to bring up an image associated with this record they have
displayed. Can it be done and if so can someone give me an idea of where
to start.

TIA

You can get at the values of public variables in the Applet class from
JavaScript if that helps.
Just use the applet name.

William Brogden

Chico Che said:
What if it not a public variable? It just sits like a textfield.

Then I suspect you are out of luck. If the applet does not
expose a variable as public, JavaScript can't get at it.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Chico said:
One of our customers has a java applet which they access through internet
explorer and intranet. I believe it is pl/sql forms of some sort which
runs in a java applet. There are two text boxes that contain information
that we would like to retrieve or in other works scrape and launch our
imaging software to bring up an image associated with this record they have
displayed. Can it be done and if so can someone give me an idea of where
to start.

Can't you simply ask your customer for releasing the protocol which they
run between the applet and the server? They you could go directly to the
server, and youl don't have to muddle in the giblets of the applet. Or
try to get the source code of the applet. Or, if your lawyer says it is
ok, decompile the applet.

/Thomas

Chico Che

Can't you simply ask your customer for releasing the protocol which
they run between the applet and the server? They you could go directly
to the server, and youl don't have to muddle in the giblets of the
applet. Or try to get the source code of the applet. Or, if your
lawyer says it is ok, decompile the applet.

/Thomas

It is an oracle forms runtime application, any way of poking that one?