  1. Hi guys,
    I'm working on a JAVA Applet that emails text within the Applet.

    Within the Applet's directory is the java.policy.applet:

    /* AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED ON Tue Apr 16 17:20:59 EDT 2002*/
    /* DO NOT EDIT */

    grant {
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
    };

    When I tell the Applet to email I get:

    Email Exception java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
    (java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write) clicked

    Do I need to change the JAVA security in the CLASSPATH or pass
    security parameters within the Applet html tags?

    Thanks.
    Chris

    Dancing Fingers, Apr 23, 2010

  2. Dancing Fingers

    Jan Thomä Guest

    Hi,

    On 23.04.10 10:24, Dancing Fingers wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    > I'm working on a JAVA Applet that emails text within the Applet.
    >
    > Within the Applet's directory is the java.policy.applet:
    >
    > /* AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED ON Tue Apr 16 17:20:59 EDT 2002*/
    > /* DO NOT EDIT */
    >
    > grant {
    > permission java.security.AllPermission;
    > };

    IIRC you need to sign your applet to make this work. (see
    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lsiden/tutorials/signed-applet/signed-applet.html)

    You also might want to consider using Java WebStart instead of an
    applet, which is IMHO more convenient for the users if your applet is in
    fact a standalone application. Depends on your use case though.

    Kind regards,
    Jan

    Jan Thomä, Apr 23, 2010

  3. Dancing Fingers

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:24:26 -0700 (PDT), Dancing Fingers
    said :

    >Do I need to change the JAVA security in the CLASSPATH or pass
    >security parameters within the Applet html tags?

    You need to sign the Applet. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signedapplets.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    It’s amazing how much structure natural languages have when you consider who speaks them and how they evolved.

    Roedy Green, Apr 23, 2010
  4. Dancing Fingers, Apr 24, 2010