JAVA Applet Security Question

Dancing Fingers

Hi guys,
I'm working on a JAVA Applet that emails text within the Applet.

Within the Applet's directory is the java.policy.applet:

/* AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED ON Tue Apr 16 17:20:59 EDT 2002*/
/* DO NOT EDIT */

grant {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

When I tell the Applet to email I get:

Email Exception java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write) clicked

Do I need to change the JAVA security in the CLASSPATH or pass
security parameters within the Applet html tags?

Thanks.
Chris

Jan Thomä

Hi,

Hi guys,
I'm working on a JAVA Applet that emails text within the Applet.

Within the Applet's directory is the java.policy.applet:

/* AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED ON Tue Apr 16 17:20:59 EDT 2002*/
/* DO NOT EDIT */

grant {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

IIRC you need to sign your applet to make this work. (see
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lsiden/tutorials/signed-applet/signed-applet.html)

You also might want to consider using Java WebStart instead of an
applet, which is IMHO more convenient for the users if your applet is in
fact a standalone application. Depends on your use case though.

Kind regards,
Jan