Java Applet that is capable of displaying a PDF document within a web-browser

sushil

What I need is a Java Applet that is capable of displaying a PDF
document within a web-browser.

The applet MUST NOT rely on any plug-in, etc. It must be able to
display PDF files on its own without any help from the browser.

The applet also needs to fetch the PDF file on its own from a url (on
the same server) without using the browser in any way. It also needs to
have a customizable user agent (hard coded) when fetching the PDF file.

The PDF file will be different all the time, so I must be able to
specify the pdf file it will load - this will be embedded into html.

It must run and be tested to run on all major browser version, IE,
Firebox, Mozilla, Opera, etc

looking for +ve response....

A lot of thanks in Advace

Thanks,
Sushil

Dag Sunde

sushil said:
What I need is a Java Applet that is capable of displaying a PDF
document within a web-browser.

The applet MUST NOT rely on any plug-in, etc. It must be able to
display PDF files on its own without any help from the browser.

The applet also needs to fetch the PDF file on its own from a url (on
the same server) without using the browser in any way. It also needs to
have a customizable user agent (hard coded) when fetching the PDF file.

The PDF file will be different all the time, so I must be able to
specify the pdf file it will load - this will be embedded into html.

It must run and be tested to run on all major browser version, IE,
Firebox, Mozilla, Opera, etc

looking for +ve response....
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrviewer/acrvdnld.html
Should provide you with the examples you need...

The rest is plain Java/applet coding

Oliver Wong

sushil said:
What I need is a Java Applet that is capable of displaying a PDF
document within a web-browser.

The applet MUST NOT rely on any plug-in, etc. It must be able to
display PDF files on its own without any help from the browser.

The applet also needs to fetch the PDF file on its own from a url (on
the same server) without using the browser in any way. It also needs to
have a customizable user agent (hard coded) when fetching the PDF file.

The PDF file will be different all the time, so I must be able to
specify the pdf file it will load - this will be embedded into html.

It must run and be tested to run on all major browser version, IE,
Firebox, Mozilla, Opera, etc

looking for +ve response....

Not sure if this is the "plusve" responce you're looking for, but I can
write this applet for you if you pay me.

- Oliver

Andrew Thompson

sushil said:
The applet MUST NOT rely on any plug-in, etc. It must be able to
display PDF files on its own without any help from the browser.

You are already sunk. *Every* Java applet requires 'Java',
and even if you limit the applet to 1.1 only, some browsers
will not hava a Java plug-in (including IE).

You can do checks to ensure that 'no Java' browsers never see
your PDF page, but do not assume you can make this page so
that 'every browser' can see it - that is not going to happen.