Java Applet with Swf

Pedro Pinto

Hi,

I've been checking and i'm still not sure of this but can i create a
java applet with an swf movie included? If so can someone give me some
pointers on how to perform this? Thanks in advance for any help!

bencoe

Hi,

I've been checking and i'm still not sure of this but can i create a
java applet with an swf movie included? If so can someone give me some
pointers on how to perform this? Thanks in advance for any help!

Not really, unless you use some (probably difficult to get running in
an applet) third party library, e.g., http://www.anotherbigidea.com/javaswf/.

Andrew Thompson

Pedro Pinto wrote:
..
...can i create a
java applet with an swf movie included?

I don't know. Can you?

I am confident I can make an applet with a SWF
file included. It is getting the applet to play the
SWF (the thing you did not mention, but I am
guessing is the point) that is tricky.

But before you ask that, perhaps you should find
out if you can run a SWF in an *application*.
(Almost) anything an applet can do, can be
done in an application. And if it can be done
in a desktop app. then an applet (perhaps
signed) can do it.

But in this day and age, who wants SWF's
(and similar) embedded into web pages?

A free floating 'interactive visual thing' is
generally much preferred - look to web start
for a web based launch of an application (or
applet).

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Pedro Pinto

Hi again to everyone,

My goal is this, i want to create a Java applet that can load an SWF
to the screen and on the left side to have a text box that, when
written. the text goes directly to the SWF Preview window. The text
written on the text box will be saved on a text file and the SWF file
will be loading the text from that file. I just want to have a preview
(i.e. Run the swf file on the applet) to check if the text is being
correctly entered. Does someone know if someone has already tried
this? I can simply insert images on an applet but never tried movies
or swf files......

Thanks in advanced

Andrew Thompson

Pedro Pinto wrote:
My goal is this, i want to create a Java applet ..

Why not web start?

(I could have made many comments on the rest
of your post, but do not have time - till you answer
my question.)

Pedro Pinto

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice, i've already checked and book to study the
solution on web start and will post on the forum as soon as possible!
Thanks in advanced.