Java Application Server Multiple Installs

jeffrey.grant

Hi,

I need to install Sun Java Application Server multiple times on the
same node and have both instances running at once. One for Dev and the
other for Test. At present, they are installed in different
directories and the installs went OK, but I can only run one of them at
a time. And I can only run domain1. I get a message that domain2, etc
are not registered. Does anyone know:

1. How to run two installs of this product on the same machine at the
same time?
2. How to run domain1 and domain2 on the same installation of the
server at the same time and have them both appear as registered, in
other words, how to register them both?

OS = Solaris 8
Hardware = SunFire V440.

I have no problem running one install of the app server with the domain
name of domain1, but anything else barfs.

Thanks,

jeff

Abrasive Sponge

[...]

Uhm, maybe it's just me, but why can't you create:

myapp.ear
myapp-test.ear

and use only one server?