Java-Application under Mac OS X

Oliver Hirschi

Hi

I have written a Java-Application, which runs well under Win and Mac OS
X.

Under Win, I can start the Application with a batch-file.
How can I start the application under Mac OS X, without inputing the
hole command line on the Terminal?
Gives there something like a batch-file under Mac OS X?

I have put the foreign Libraries (.jar) into
"Library::Java::Extensions". I have also put my own JAR-File (Test.jar)
into this Folder.
Now, from Terminal I can start, and it runs, my application with:
java Test.Test -ORBInitRef
NameService=corbaloc:iiop:10.60.6.3:5353/NameService

But my own .jar file should be in "Applications::Test" and the
Application should be start whit one click. Even like a batch-file under
Win.

Thanx for your help.

rkm

Oliver said:
But my own .jar file should be in "Applications::Test" and the
Application should be start whit one click. Even like a batch-file under
Win.

OS X is Unix. Unix has shell scripts. Write a shell
script, chmod +x it, try double clicking it (from the
desktop environment.) Should work. If not, use project
builder. It builds the double clickable thing for you.

Jon A. Cruz

Oliver said:
Hi

I have written a Java-Application, which runs well under Win and Mac OS
X.

Under Win, I can start the Application with a batch-file.
How can I start the application under Mac OS X, without inputing the
hole command line on the Terminal?

Just add the proper Main-Class entry in the .jar's manifest and you can
just double-click the .jar file itself on Windows, OS X, Linux, etc to
run it.