Java Architect /Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Java' started by don@objectsearch.com, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Java Architect /Toronto, Canada

    We currently have an opening for an Architect. The ability to work in
    an agile environment is a must.

    Skills Required as a "MUST HAVE"

    · Master's degree preferred, or Bachelor's Degree in one of:
    Engineering, Computer Science or Math
    · Experience using object-oriented programming languages & concepts
    (6+ yrs).
    · Fluency in Java (3+ yrs), XML, Smalltalk, UML, HTTP, TCP/IP, HTML,
    Windows, UNIX, Servlets.
    · Experience designing or developing distributed applications (5+
    years).
    · Intense problem solving abilities
    · Ability to interact with clients and lead user requirements
    definition from concept to application architecture
    · Proven track record of technical proficiency
    · Ability to work independently
    · Diverse outside interests
    · Project management experience
    · Research skills
    "Nice to have" skills:
    · Experience with Extreme Programming or other agile practices

    Please forward your resume to attention:
    Donald Lascelle

    www.objectsearch.com

    All candidates will be contacted.

    , Jan 7, 2005

  2. jeffc Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Java Architect /Toronto, Canada
    >
    > We currently have an opening for an Architect. The ability to work in
    > an agile environment is a must.
    >
    > Skills Required as a "MUST HAVE"
    >
    > · Master's degree preferred

    Ya gotta like "must have", both in quotes and in caps, and the thing
    immediately following is just "preferred". By the way, do you know why
    quotes are used?

    jeffc, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Chris Uppal Guest

    jeffc wrote:

    > > Skills Required as a "MUST HAVE"
    > >
    > > · Master's degree preferred

    > Ya gotta like "must have", both in quotes and in caps, and the thing
    > immediately following is just "preferred".

    They are only interested in candidates who have at some time preferred a
    Master's degree ?

    > By the way, do you know why quotes are used?

    Possibly because they felt awkward using slang in a public posting (odd, but
    possible).

    As an alternative suggestion, they may be under the impression that quotes add
    /emphasis/ to the words. That weird misapprehension was quite common in the UK
    a few years ago (I never did find out where it came from). One example that I
    remember more fondly than most was a sign in a shop window in the run-up to
    Christmas which advertised their

    Christmas "turkeys"

    Well, it amused me anyway...

    -- chris