Java Automated Software Inspection Tool - New Release

Roelof Vuurboom

QA Systems has released QStudio for Java Enterprise 2.1. Version 2.1
has been enhanced with benchmarking capabilities that allows code to
be benchmarked against other code bases. QStudio for Java Enterprise
will help you answer the following questions:

- What is our code quality today in measurable terms?
- What is our code quality trend? Is it improving or degrading?
- Are our quality improvement efforts helping? If so how by much?
- To what extent is our code quality compliant to our standards today?
- Is compliance to our quality standards improving or degrading?
- How does our code benchmark against other (open source) code bases?

QStudio for Java is the only automated software inspection tool in the
industry to incorporate a software quality model (ISO 9126) which
allows organizations to directly tie automated software inspection
into their quality processes.

QStudio for Java has over 200 default rules many of which are highly
configurable. Besides its own powerful rules engine it also fully
incorporates the PMD software inspection engine within the software
quality model along with its own engine which means that you can make
use of all rules defined by the PMD community as well as define your
own rules using the PMD specification.

QStudio for Java Enterprise allows software developers and software
process managers (project managers and QA managers) to automate and
coordinate software quality control and multiple coding standards
across multiple projects. It provides (in addition to single user Pro
functionality - see below):

- Seamless intgegration with leading Java IDE's
- Measurement and reporting on quality metrics (ISO 9126 conforming)
- Conformance to selectable departmental and project related coding
standards
- Trend analysis based on formal milestones showing the quality
evolution
- Drill down capabilities from metrics overviews to specific
observations within a particular line and file

See www.qa-systems.com for further info.

Not yet ready for the Enterprise version? QA Systems continues to
provide its single user automated software inspection Pro version for
Java at no cost to the Java development community. Download from
www.qa-systems.com.