Java based BI on the rise

Discussion in 'Java' started by JP, Dec 2, 2008.

  1. JP

    JP Guest

    Yellowfin Business Intelligence recognised among 25 rising companies
    that CIO’s must know about.

    MIS Magazine has recognised Yellowfin Business Intelligence as a
    rising star with inclusion in its strategic 100 list for 2008.

    The MIS Strategic 100 provides a snapshot of the international,
    domestic and soon-to-be-big technology vendors battling it out for
    market share. It also gives an indication of which technology trends
    are being taken up by enterprise organizations in a variety of
    industries and, just as tellingly, those that are not.
    Yellowfin’s inclusion in the 2008 list as a rising star is a signal to
    the industry that the established views of BI are being challenged by
    innovative companies. Location Intelligence, embedded BI, intuitive
    drag and drop user interfaces and flexible data access are some of the
    reasons for Yellowfin’s rapidly growing international customer
    base.

    In judging the top 25 Rising Stars; MIS states, These are often young
    companies, but ones that show signs of seriously influencing the way
    technology is bought or deployed. Many of these companies can expect
    rapid growth, to make acquisitions, be acquired, or otherwise
    significantly increase their presence in the marketplace over the next
    12 months. This is an early warning to take note of companies that are
    already impressing savvy CIOs.

    Business intelligence is infamously complex and is seldom hailed as a
    complete success, thanks to the intricacies of configuring and
    operating this class of software.

    Yellowfin’s chief executive. Glen Rabie, says, "Our entire business
    has been built around the belief that business intelligence should be
    easy".

    The approach seems to be working. "The last 12 months has been a time
    of tremendous growth," Rabie says."We have been busy developing our
    partner network and, although the company is based in Australia, 75 to
    80 per cent of our business is overseas, because the markets are so
    much bigger there. We work almost exclusively with partners for sales,
    distribution, consulting and software services. These are either
    resellers or OEM [original equipment manufacturer] partners that embed
    Yellowfin into their applications."

    Customers include Ingres, Kyocera Maruzen, LogicaCMG, Progress
    Software, Sybase and Zensar, Telstra, Pacific Gas and Electric
    Company, 2Wire, Alterpoint, Zellegpharma, Transurban.

    Other highlights are the July 2008 release of Yellowfin BI 4.0, which
    adds new mapping tools and a cross-selling strategic partnership with
    Sybase.

    Rabie calls the company's new opportunity "pervasive BI".

    "I believe the biggest change will be the emergence and dominance of
    embedded BI. Embedded BI is needed to support the thousands of
    business workers who want access to BI when they are working within an
    application for transactional purposes - they do not want to access an
    alternate application for their reports and data. It is this area of
    embedded BI that is going to make BI pervasive, bite-size, tailored to
    the business process and rich in collaborative functionality."

    To qualify for the list, the companies must have a significant
    presence in the market and derive a large portion of their revenue
    from outside their domestic markets. Yellowfin, beat out, fierce
    competition to make it onto the list of the most strategically
    important operators, nominated and judged by MIS editorial teams
    internationally.

    JP, Dec 2, 2008

  2. On Dec 2, 9:26 pm, JP <> wrote:
    > Yellowfin Business Intelligence recognised among 25 rising companies
    > that ...

    ...spam usenet?

    We don't need to know about companies that
    spam usenet. Go away.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/