Java Beginner

Discussion in 'Java' started by Daniele, Mar 18, 2006.

  1. Daniele

    Daniele Guest

    Hello, I've started studying and practicing Java for not too long. What do
    you guys think is the best way to WEB PROGRAMMING with Java. I've tried
    servlets and Jsp, they work fine, I mean the page can show dynamic context
    and it can be very useful, but the page is always STATIC.

    For example :

    Let's say that I have a log in page, created with only HTML code. In this
    page I have a POST method with an action to my index.jsp passing to it the
    user and password. Now in my jsp page I check the validity of my log-in
    values and then I show, for example, all the clients of the COMPANY that has
    logged in, and for this I don't seem to have many problems with the code.
    --open the db connection
    --check the validity of username and password
    --I show all the clients for this Id
    while
    (RECORDSET.NEXT){

    --I add a row with the clients data in the html table for each record
    fetched for this company ID, //in order to insert them dinamically
    }

    Now, my huge problem is : lets say that I want to modify the name (for
    example) of one client...How can I pass the ID or even the name of my
    client...

    It is pretty hard to explain, hope you guys can help!

    Daniele, Mar 18, 2006

  2. Daniele

    Big Jim Guest

    "Daniele" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I've started studying and practicing Java for not too long. What do
    > you guys think is the best way to WEB PROGRAMMING with Java. I've tried
    > servlets and Jsp, they work fine, I mean the page can show dynamic context
    > and it can be very useful, but the page is always STATIC.
    >
    > For example :
    >
    > Let's say that I have a log in page, created with only HTML code. In this
    > page I have a POST method with an action to my index.jsp passing to it the
    > user and password. Now in my jsp page I check the validity of my log-in
    > values and then I show, for example, all the clients of the COMPANY that
    > has logged in, and for this I don't seem to have many problems with the
    > code.
    > --open the db connection
    > --check the validity of username and password
    > --I show all the clients for this Id
    >
    > while (RECORDSET.NEXT){
    >
    > --I add a row with the clients data in the html table for each record
    > fetched for this company ID, //in order to insert them dinamically
    > }
    >
    > Now, my huge problem is : lets say that I want to modify the name (for
    > example) of one client...How can I pass the ID or even the name of my
    > client...
    >
    > It is pretty hard to explain, hope you guys can help!

    The POST method can send values to the server, have a look at HTML forms.

    If it's java you're particularly interested in have a look at the struts
    framework.

    Big Jim, Mar 18, 2006

  3. Daniele

    Daniele Guest