Java + Bluetooth = Gateway? (Urgently need help Pleeaassee!!!)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Zino K via JavaKB.com, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I have just got a small use case regarding bluetooth and I was wondering if
    anyone could help me (please :)

    Imagine you are camping. You have your mobile(cellular) phone and your
    laptop with you. However, you know that on the same night there is a very
    important event on TV that you would like to see. (Assume that your network
    offers a service of broadcasting tv too ! ).

    So It would be very good if you can catch the film with your phone and
    simultaneously, through bluetooth, transfer the information to view the film
    on your laptop.

    With today's bluetooth technology, would it be possible to use this concept
    of "live"feed through you mobile, where you use it as some kind of a gateway
    of live information to other bluetooth devices.

    I know bluetooth mobiles with jsr-82 and use OBEX for file transfer. but I
    think this seems to need to transfer one file at a time and not live
    information(or does it). I any body can help me, or knows any other way to
    achieve this concept, I would greatly appreciate if you drop a note at the
    forum.

    just if somebody thinks this is feasible or not it so i can decide if its a
    good thing to pursue for my final year at uni!

    Thanks Everyone

    Zino

    Zino K via JavaKB.com, Aug 1, 2005

  2. On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:36:30 GMT, Zino K via JavaKB.com wrote:

    > Java + Bluetooth = Gateway? (Urgently need help[1] Pleeaassee!!! [2])

    [1] In regards to 'Urgently need help'.

    We don't care about your schedule, which you have apparently
    f*cked up, given as how this is required for your..

    > ....i can decide if its a
    > good thing to pursue for my final year at uni!

    ...*final* year at uni, which is usually preceded by at least
    a couple of other years of Uni.

    You have had plenty of time to realise that you had a
    final year project, yet you have apparently left your
    planning to the last minute - and expect us to take
    up (your) slack.

    ...Unless, of course, you are so clever that they skipped
    you directly from first to final year?

    [2] In regards to '..Pleeaassee!!!'.

    Don't be pathetic, it is sickening.

    > ..I would greatly appreciate if you drop a note at the
    > forum.

    This is a forum in the general sense, but note that this
    is *not* 'JavaKB'. This is a usenet newsgroup.
    Please figure the difference. To do that, start here.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#usenet>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Too Hot For Radio
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Normally i wouldn't even credit your type with a reply

    Sincerely

    ps the forum is labeled as general so i'll post whereever i like

    Zino K via JavaKB.com, Aug 1, 2005
  4. On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:16:39 GMT, Zino K via JavaKB.com wrote:

    > Normally i wouldn't even credit your type with a reply

    You don't like talking to Australians?

    > ps the forum is labeled as general

    You are mistaken, there is no word 'general' in the group
    description of comp.lang.java.programmer ..anywhere,
    you can check.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljp>

    Where is the word 'general'?

    You have made the mistake of assuming JavaKB actually
    does anything besides *dump* your posts to this Usenet
    Newsgroup.

    Or, to put that another way that might clear up some things for you..
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/60613c1b6e41b6cc>

    ( Smile! You're on candid camera! )

    >..so i'll post whereever i like

    Good for you! Maintain the rage. Rah, rah, rah!
    LOL!

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Deciphered From Crop Circles
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 2, 2005
  5. On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 01:32:43 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:

    >> ps the forum is labeled as general

    > You are mistaken, there is no word 'general' in the group
    > description of comp.lang.java.programmer ..

    Well Ok, there *is* now I look closer.
    Same diff., the rest applies..

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    This Episode Performed Entirely By Sock Puppets
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Zino K via JavaKB.com

    Bjorn Borud Guest

    [Andrew Thompson <>]

    | Well Ok, there *is* now I look closer.

    ah, the sickening thud of someone falling off their high horse.

    :*)

    -Bjørn
    Bjorn Borud, Aug 22, 2005