java books

Ivan

Hi all..

I'll be on my way to the book store tomorrow, looking for a beginner's
guide to java..

Is there any one in particular that people commonly recommend?

I know o'reilly is highly regarded, though am not sure if it'll meet my
immediate needs..

We have a lot of books here at work but they're mostly more advanced..

James McGill

Hi all..

I'll be on my way to the book store tomorrow, looking for a beginner's
guide to java..

Is there any one in particular that people commonly recommend?

I know o'reilly is highly regarded, though am not sure if it'll meet my
immediate needs..

We have a lot of books here at work but they're mostly more advanced..

Xiaoping Jia
Object Oriented Software Development Using Java
ISBN 0-201-73733-7

A very good introduction into the Java language, assumes a minimal
amount of programming experience, and it presents not just the language,
but also the idioms of design which are equally important and often
neglected in introductory texts.

Jens

Have a look on

Head First Java from O'Reilly - ISBN 0596009208

You will like that.

Jens

Deep

well i am working with java since 2 yrs. and i studied lots of java
book.
but i will recommend two books
one as some one said Thinking in java by Bruce Eckle
and another is Java2 Complete reference by Herbert Shildt
well the second one is the best book i have ever found for beginner
and when i finished it go to Thinking in java..

TechBookReport

Ivan said:
Hi all..

I'll be on my way to the book store tomorrow, looking for a beginner's
guide to java..

Is there any one in particular that people commonly recommend?

I know o'reilly is highly regarded, though am not sure if it'll meet my
immediate needs..

We have a lot of books here at work but they're mostly more advanced..
Take a look at the recommendations on the TechBookReport site - it
should help to find a title that matches your previous experience and
current needs. The recommendations are at
http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html