java calc

Pradyut Bhattacharya

Hi,
A java calculator
a jar file in dist_calc.zip
double click in windows, or run java -jar javaapplication7.jar
source files in javaapplication7.zip, unzipped will open as a netbeans
directory

Files here at: -
http://myjavaserver.com/~pradyut/files/java_calc/

reply ur comments n suggestions

--
Pradyut
http://pradyut.tk

Jhair Tocancipa Triana

Pradyut said:
java -jar javaapplication7.jar

I clicked ">" and following happened...

$ java -jar JavaApplication7.jar
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.Vector.lastElement(Vector.java:461)
at javaapplication7.NewJFrame.jButton2MouseClicked(NewJFrame.java:141)
at javaapplication7.NewJFrame.access$500(NewJFrame.java:16)
at javaapplication7.NewJFrame$6.mouseClicked(NewJFrame.java:82)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:212)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5491)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3126)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3901)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Andrew Thompson

Pradyut said:
upgrade to the latest jre... then try

I took one look at your original link and thought
'should suggest web-start' before surfing straight
out of there.

Now that you are making suggestions to your
potential end-users, and the people who were kind
enough to actually download and try the application
(of which, I wasn't), I will suggest..

'web-start'
- could forewarn the end user the minimum Java version
required (and prompt for download).
- sandbox this calculator (so it cannot do anything
harmful to the user's computer).

But while we are on the subject of minimum Java version,
a quick perusal of your GUI* did not suggest it requires
a high level of Java (I would guess Java 1.2) - what is in
your code that sets the minimum Java version? Generics?

* http://myjavaserver.com/~pradyut/files/java_calc/java_calc.JPG
BTW - the screenshot was a nice touch - good work.

Andrew T.

Pradyut

Andrew said:
I took one look at your original link and thought
'should suggest web-start' before surfing straight
out of there.

Now that you are making suggestions to your
potential end-users, and the people who were kind
enough to actually download and try the application
(of which, I wasn't), I will suggest..

you didn't try the app...
why are you kind enough to waste your replying to this thread...
'web-start'
- could forewarn the end user the minimum Java version
required (and prompt for download).
- sandbox this calculator (so it cannot do anything
harmful to the user's computer).

But while we are on the subject of minimum Java version,
a quick perusal of your GUI* did not suggest it requires
a high level of Java (I would guess Java 1.2) - what is in
your code that sets the minimum Java version? Generics?

As from the exceptions raised... it seems that there was a exception in
Vector class.
java.util.NoSuchElementFound exception...

Lew

This is a good question. What is the answer?
As from the exceptions raised... it seems that there was a exception in
Vector class.
java.util.NoSuchElementFound exception...
NoSuchExceptionFound.

Do you mean java.util.NoSuchElementException?

Have you read
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/NoSuchElementException.html?

Under what circumstances does your code attempt to call
Enumeration.nextElement() after there are no more elements in the enumeration?

Would ArrayList and Iterator perhaps suit your algorithm better than Vector
and Enumeration?

- Lew

Andrew Thompson

Pradyut wrote:
you didn't try the app...
why are you kind enough to waste your replying to this thread...

Perhaps because more people (such as myself) might click
a link pointing to a sand-boxed web start application, which
is less effort than downloading, compiling and running code,
and a lot safer than running a jar from 'some guy on usenet'.

But then ..I do wonder why I am bothering to justify my
interest to you, since it (my interest) is fading quickly..

Andrew T.