    Oleg.

    P.S.: If you know how to call PowerPoint from Java or VC++,
    please speak out too.

    Oleg Konovalov, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Oleg  Konovalov

    JavaJug Guest

    Oleg Konovalov wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am writing a Java application which among many other things
    > has to call some MS Office [PowerPoint] internal methods,
    > which only seems to be possible from either VBA or C#.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest a way of Java calling VBA or C# ?
    >
    > I do know how to call an executable from Java
    > or Java interface with C/C++ through JNI.
    >

    > Thank you in advance,
    > Oleg.
    >
    > P.S.: If you know how to call PowerPoint from Java or VC++,
    > please speak out too.

    I'm not an expert, but I think that CORBA is usefull for such things.
    That's what told my CORBA teacher...
    Good luck !

    Xav

    JavaJug, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Oleg  Konovalov

    Liz Guest

    "Oleg Konovalov" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am writing a Java application which among many other things
    > has to call some MS Office [PowerPoint] internal methods,
    > which only seems to be possible from either VBA or C#.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest a way of Java calling VBA or C# ?
    >
    > I do know how to call an executable from Java
    > or Java interface with C/C++ through JNI.

    If the 'vba', 'c#', 'c' or 'c++' is made into a '.dll' just
    follow the tutorial information at the Sun web site.

    Liz, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Oleg  Konovalov

    Stefan Poehn Guest

    "Liz" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "Oleg Konovalov" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am writing a Java application which among many other things
    > > has to call some MS Office [PowerPoint] internal methods,
    > > which only seems to be possible from either VBA or C#.
    > >
    > > Can anybody suggest a way of Java calling VBA or C# ?
    > >
    > > I do know how to call an executable from Java
    > > or Java interface with C/C++ through JNI.
    > >

    > If the 'vba', 'c#', 'c' or 'c++' is made into a '.dll' just
    > follow the tutorial information at the Sun web site.

    Or use a java-com-bridge like JIntegra (commercial, but not very expensive,
    http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/). There is also a open source-like licensed
    java-com-bridge http://danadler.com/jacob/. I've worked with Jintegra and am
    very happy with it.

    I think there are still more java-com-bridges, do a web search on "java com
    bridge".

    Regards
    Stefan

    Stefan Poehn, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Liz,

    Could you please post a link to the document on Sun's site ?

    Thank you,
    Oleg.

    Oleg Konovalov, Jun 4, 2004
  6. JavaJug,

    I have done a lot of Java-CORBA-C++ development before
    and would not recommend that option unless you go from Java to C++
    over the network, use JNI for that. Too much overhead and very hard to
    debug.

    In my case they live on same machine, so the only reason I am doing that
    is because Microsoft doesn't give any access to Office API through Java
    (that Sun-Microsoft wars over Java).

    Thank you,
    Oleg.

    Oleg Konovalov, Jun 4, 2004
  7. On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:19:13 -0400, Oleg Konovalov wrote:

    > (that Sun-Microsoft wars over Java).

    They are supposed to be over.
    <http://www.physci.org/jvmclean.jsp>
    ('recent' news near top of page)

    Maybe if you ask MS again, nicely... ;-)

    F'Ups set to c.l.j.programmer, as it
    was one of only two of the five groups
    to which this was cross-posted that is
    actually a valid group.