Java Cellphone

Eduardo Quiroz Salinas

Hi everyone
I got ghosts and goblins game for cellphone in Java. ghosts.jar.
I converted the file to .prc with Jartoprc from IBM. The program works
fine since I has tested both separately.
But when I execute the prc in a Treo 650 I get error like this:

com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas

java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error.
com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas at java.lang.Class.verifyImpl(Native Method)....

I was searching in Google and I didn't found information to solve the
problem. There are some library that makes compatibility for these
function and works in PalmOS??
Please some lights...Thanks in advance.
Greetings!

In Spanish too:
Hola a todos
Tengo ghost n' goblins para celular en Jar.
Yo tengo una treo y convertí el archivo a Prc con la herramienta
jartoprc de IBM. Sé que funciona porque ya lo he hecho con otros jar.
Sin embargo, cuando ejecuto el juego me aparece un error con:

com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas

el detalle del error es:
java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error.
com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas at java.lang.Class.verifyImpl(Native Method)....
Me imagino que me falta alguna clase que es especial de los celulares y
que yo pensé que lo iba a tener porque mi pda es Celular y Palm. Pero
no. Alguien ha podido solucionar el traspaso de un jar específico para
teléfonos para PDA???

JSC

Eduardo said:
Hi everyone
I got ghosts and goblins game for cellphone in Java. ghosts.jar.
I converted the file to .prc with Jartoprc from IBM. The program works
fine since I has tested both separately.
But when I execute the prc in a Treo 650 I get error like this:

com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas

java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error.
com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas at java.lang.Class.verifyImpl(Native
Method)....

If the ghosts.jar you got was done on a Nokia Java SDK, then there is a
few chance it will run on another brand. Even between model they have
differences in their SDK (Serie 40, Serie 60, ...) In the error you got,
it specifically says "com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas" which is not part of
J2ME but of the Nokia Java SDK.
Sorry dude, you'll have to find a Palm OS version of your "compile once
- run anywhere" ghosts.jar
Or if you have the chance to find a Nokia to Palm OS converter, or even
better, the sources of the code, then you can recompile it.