Java code to convert text files to xml

mave

Is anyone aware of a Java program preferably w/ source code to convert
files in text format to xml format?

Pls. let me know if you are aware of such a program.

Steve W. Jackson

:Is anyone aware of a Java program preferably w/ source code to convert
:files in text format to xml format?
:
:
:pls. let me know if you are aware of such a program.

Not likely, since the details of the text format and the desired XML
document structure are up to you. You just need to write something that
reads the text file, since you know its structure, and builds the XML
document the way you want it from the data, then writes it.

= Steve =

lquast

Steve W. Jackson said:
Not likely, since the details of the text format and the desired XML
document structure are up to you. You just need to write something that
reads the text file, since you know its structure, and builds the XML
document the way you want it from the data, then writes it.

= Steve =

Hi Steve,

Have you written something to build XML documents as you describe?

Steve W. Jackson

::> In article <[email protected]>,
:>
:> >:
:> >:
:> >:pls. let me know if you are aware of such a program.
:>
:> Not likely, since the details of the text format and the desired XML
:> document structure are up to you. You just need to write something that
:> reads the text file, since you know its structure, and builds the XML
:> document the way you want it from the data, then writes it.
:>
:> = Steve =
:
:Hi Steve,
:
:Have you written something to build XML documents as you describe?
:
:L

Not personally, but my coworker has done this. Our application does
high end modeling and simulation, using XML documents for the saved
model format. He worked on the previous incarnation of the application,
which used a completely different (pure text) file structure. So he put
together an "importer" that read the old file and put it into the
appropriate structure for our application.

It's just a matter of deciding what the structure of your XML document
should be and knowing what's in the text file. You create a new XML
document with appropriate code in Java, then add/manipulate elements and
attributes as needed to obtain the desired result.

= Steve =