Java comm API examples needed

tsvuij

Hello
Can anyone give me a link to sample programs on serial communication
using java comm API? I need to send and receive data thro the serial
port(COM1). I tried downloading the generic zip file from the sun
site: http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=43208d3d . But this
file doesn't seem to contain any documentation or sample code. Please
guide me!
Regards
Quad

Lew

Quad" a.k.a. "tsvuij said:
Hello
Can anyone give me a link to sample programs on serial communication
using java comm API? I need to send and receive data thro the serial
port(COM1). I tried downloading the generic zip file from the sun
site: http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=43208d3d . But this
file doesn't seem to contain any documentation or sample code. Please
guide me!
Regards
Quad

Andrew said:
Tune into this thread, maybe it will help..
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_frm/thread/
2f44010127b4765c/#>

To the OP:

Please do not multipost. Andrew went out of his way to answer you in both
forums, but it is a bit presumptuous to force people to follow multiple
newsgroups to follow a thread. It is better to cross post, with follow-ups set
to a single thread like clj.help.

- Lew