Java component in openoffice

Discussion in 'Java' started by Nerim, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Nerim

    Nerim Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm not sure this is the correct group for this question, but I didn't find
    any that is more relevant, so feel free to redirect me.

    I'm building a custom uno component for openoffice in Java. My question is :
    is there a way that this component can access the built-in components of
    open office (which are not written in Java) directly. By directly, I mean
    not through the usual uno interface system that I would use if I was
    accessing open office form an external java program.

    In other words, is there any advantages to custom java components over
    external java applications except that it can be used by other people (since
    it's "added" to openoffice for every user of the openoffice instance) and
    that it runs on the server on which OpenOffice is rather than on the machine
    I use to connect to OpenOffice ?

    Thanks for any input or help.

    Antoine

    Nerim, Sep 26, 2003