Java Conference 2011 (Oct 15th in Hyderabad)

Discussion in 'Java' started by vinod kumar, Sep 23, 2011.

  1. vinod kumar

    vinod kumar Guest

    Hi ,

    I got to know of an exciting event happening in Hyderabad on October
    15.
    I guess it will add a great value to all the Java professionals in
    their domain.

    I believe it is worth attending as there are interesting topics. (See
    the Sessions below).

    The Conference starts at 8.30 AM to 5.00 PM.

    The Conference organizers will call you back to confirm. When I
    called,
    they had 100 more seats left.

    Please find below number to block your seat..Hurry...!!Seats are
    filling fast.

    Resi:080 43112120
    M: 8095197198

    Register here: http://tinyurl.com/Javahyd

    The conference starts with a panel discussion on ‘Enterprise Java
    Platforms for the Next Decade’by a panel of experts, following which
    there is an exciting set of sessions.

    The sessions are going to be on topics which are highly relevant to
    the Java Developer community today like.

    Topics to be covered:

    Enterprise Java Platforms for the Next Decade
    Java Web Services using JAX-WS and JAXB0
    Simplifying Development and Testing of GUIs with the Swing Application
    Framework (JSR 296) and FEST
    Developing a Message Driven Architecture with Spring
    New Leadership Paradigms for Technical Projects : How Agile promotes
    greater satisfaction and better productivity
    Java in the Cloud: What Java Professionals Need to Know
    An Introduction to Seam 3

    Regards,
    Anjana
    vinod kumar, Sep 23, 2011

  2. vinod kumar

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:34:34 -0700 (PDT), vinod kumar
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I believe it is worth attending as there are interesting topics. (See
    >the Sessions below).

    I remember going to Java One, hearing Gosling, meeting Peter van der
    Linden, and talking to hundreds of people. Sun also provided banks of
    Solaris machines which was like eating Ben & Gerry ice cream. They
    also had JavaOS machines which were not ready for prime time, and
    which were discontinued. The hit of the conference were Java Rings, a
    ring with a tiny Java chip on board that remembered how you liked your
    coffee.

    I also went to two Colorado Summits, one when I got to ask questions
    of Bill Joy, one of the high points of my existence. It was so fun to
    rub shoulders with people from all over the globe, especially the wild
    and crazy Australians.

    You can collect brochures more easily on the net, but nothing beats
    face to face questioning with the people who created the various
    products.

    I hope your conference goes well.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Sep 24, 2011

  3. vinod kumar

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > vinod kumar wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >> I believe it is worth attending as there are interesting topics. (See
    >> the Sessions below).

    > I remember going to Java One, ... [snip] ...
    >
    > You can collect brochures more easily on the net, but nothing beats
    > face to face questioning with the people who created the various
    > products.
    >
    > I hope your conference goes well.

    If it's a good conference I couldn't agree with you more, Roedy. But I am always put off by press for such events that use the old disingenuous "I gotto know of an exciting event happening in Hyderabad on October 15" dodge. The person is so very clearly a shill for the organizers, why does he feelthe need to pretend he's some innocent bystander who just happens to recommend this event out of the goodness of his heart for the benefit of every Java programmer on Earth? "I got to know of"? Really?

    The problem is that that approach smells shady, at best. I have to conclude that either the promoter here is dishonest or he's foolish to use such a blatantly sham approach. For the worldwide audience, there are so many conferences and activities to choose from, given the limited time and budget workaday programmers can spare, you would want to market your event so as toappeal to the best and brightest among them, not to repel them. The "innocent Samaritan" marketing spiel gives those of us with finite resources andreasonable cognitive skills all the excuse we need to redline the pitch and look elsewhere for professional development.

    But wait, there's more!

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Sep 24, 2011
  4. vinod kumar

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:35:48 -0700 (PDT), Lew <>

    >The problem is that that approach smells shady, at best.

    I give plugs to the JavaOne and the Colorado Summit not because of
    perks, but because I wish everyone could have the great experiences I
    did.

    The Colorado Summits are held about 7,000 feet up at a ski resort near
    Colorado Springs. My body just can't adjust to that any more,
    otherwise I would find some excuse to be a presenter.

    There is a tendency of Americans to discount anything non-American,
    especially Indian. Granted, before anyone plops down their money, they
    need to do some research. I prefer to give them the benefit of the
    doubt.

    I may have told the story of my visit to then Bombay in India in 1985
    where I gave my pitch that India should become a software giant to one
    of the industry giants. I had been billed as the second coming. I got
    to meet Gandhi's godson and spend an afternoon in his private Gandhi
    museum. Coming from so far way, I was of course given great deference.
    The word got out who I was, and strangers stopped me in the street to
    discus computers and programming. The people were so excited that an
    outsider believed they could succeed. I don't know if it was me that
    sparked it, but it happened.

    So have a sort of grandfatherly interest in the success of India in
    the computing field.

    Roedy Green, Sep 24, 2011