Java Data Mapper

JavaEnquirer

Does anybody know of any open source Java data mapping framework e.g.
give a figure/ranking as to the closeness of the following two people:

1. Jon Davis, 12/4/65, 27 Pemberton Park, Sometown, Somecounty

2. John Davies, 12/4/65, 277 Pembutton Park, Sometown, Somecounty

Rhino

JavaEnquirer said:
Does anybody know of any open source Java data mapping framework e.g.
give a figure/ranking as to the closeness of the following two people:

1. Jon Davis, 12/4/65, 27 Pemberton Park, Sometown, Somecounty

2. John Davies, 12/4/65, 277 Pembutton Park, Sometown, Somecounty
What do you mean by "closeness": the similarity in the spelling of their
names? the distance between their residences? Both?

James McGill

Does anybody know of any open source Java data mapping framework e.g.
give a figure/ranking as to the closeness of the following two people:

1. Jon Davis, 12/4/65, 27 Pemberton Park, Sometown, Somecounty

2. John Davies, 12/4/65, 277 Pembutton Park, Sometown, Somecounty

Looks like a job for soundex.

I'm surprised Roedy hasn't posted a link to his Soundex implementation.

JavaEnquirer

Ah! I'm aware of soundex, metaphone, starts with, ends with, contains,
proximity and all the other ways in which you may wish to perform
string comparisons. What I'm looking for is a full on, configurable
engine or framework that I can paramaterize to allow me to perform
fast, scalable mappings against a variety of potentially dirty
datasources.