Java development group at Sun Microsystems

Kerry Soileau

Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems? I wrote a Java class,
PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.
Kerry

Tony Morris

Kerry Soileau said:
Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems?
Yes.

I wrote a Java class,
PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.
Kerry

There is no Iterator class.
Even so, what does that have to do with the email address of engineers at
Sun?

Kerry Soileau

There is no Iterator class.
You're correct, I meant to write "implements the Iterator interface" rather
than "subclasses the Iterator class."
Even so, what does that have to do with the email address of engineers at
Sun?
Since you didn't provide the requested email address, I see no reason to
answer your question.

Andrew Thompson

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:27:18 GMT, Kerry Soileau wrote:
(T.M.)
Since you didn't provide the requested email address, I see no reason to
answer your question.

I am curious. Did you actually expect that answer
to entice Tony (or anybody else for that matter)
to give an email address to you?

... FWIW, I have the addresses of two
Sun employees,
a) neither of which I would provide on an
open forum,
b) neither of whom would have much interest
in pursuing a new class, as they are in far
removed areas to 'extending the API'.
c) neither of whom I would bother by passing
on their addresses to someone on usenet who
displayed the attitude you did, as they might
'plonk' me for doing so.

There are alternate ways to pursue contact
with Sun, ..but I don't know if I could be
bothered spending the time to explain.

So, keep your information to yourself if you wish,
but if you truly want to get in contact with someone
at Sun and cannot find your way there yourself,
I strongly suggest you start justifying why
you need to contact them..

Your choice.

Kerry Soileau

LOL, I get a rude, unhelpful email from one guy who doesn't like my response
to a rude, unhelpful email from another guy. I had no idea this board would
be so amusing. Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
you to be their email doorkeepers.

[email protected]...

Andrew Thompson

Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
you to be their email doorkeepers.

...only from people not competent enough to
figure out how to contact Sun themselves. ;-)

Steven J Sobol

Kerry Soileau said:
LOL, I get a rude, unhelpful email from one guy who doesn't like my response
to a rude, unhelpful email from another guy. I had no idea this board would
be so amusing. Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
you to be their email doorkeepers.

The question is a valid question. I don't think the original question ("what
does this have to do with Sun's engineers") was unreasonable, and quite
frankly, I don't think it was rude either.

And the question isn't about being "email doorkeepers" - if I have a work
email address that gets a lot of legitimate mail, then I sure don't want it
being posted on Usenet so it can get spammed; that'll just cause me to waste
time wading through crap coming into my Inbox (even the best spam filters
can't and don't catch everything). The other issue is that if someone asks
me for X's email address, and I don't know the person asking for the address,
at the very least I will ask X for permission first; and some people don't
want their work addresses being given out in the first place.

If you need help or have suggestions, you might be better off posting on Sun's
public Java forums.

Mike Schilling

Kerry Soileau said:
Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems? I wrote a Java class,
PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.

No problem. Post your home phone number, and I'll have him give you a call.

Chris Smith

Kerry said:
Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems? I wrote a Java class,
PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.

The correct path to suggest an addition to the Java standard API is to
submit an RFE to the Java Bug Parade, at java.sun.com. Or, if this is
intended to be separate from the Java core API, look at
http://www.jcp.org/

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

John C. Bollinger

Tony said:
Please enlighten me - how was my response "rude"?

It responded to his post without giving him what he wanted. How DARE
you have the AUDACITY to SUGGEST or even IMPLY that he SHOULDN'T HAVE
what he WANTS! (!!!!!!)

;-)

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)

Andrew Thompson

No problem. Post your home phone number, and I'll have him give you a call.

There were a lot of pertinent responses to this
thread, but this is my favourite.. ;-)

Scott Ellsworth

Kerry Soileau said:
LOL, I get a rude, unhelpful email from one guy who doesn't like my response
to a rude, unhelpful email from another guy. I had no idea this board would
be so amusing. Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
you to be their email doorkeepers.

If someone is given an email address that actually gets to a human,
rather than being tossed to the spamfilters unread, then it behooves the
recipient to take care of it. As you put it, to be their email
doorkeepers.

Since you have not said _why_ you want such a contact, and _what_ you
propose, I cannot see why someone would want to put you in contact with
anyone they liked or respected. Unless you care to go into greater
detail? (And if so, you might want to do so in as an RFE or bug report
on the bug parade.)

I realize you are not reading this, but on the off chance that someone
with a clue googles someday, the advice is for the archives.

Scott