    PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
    nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.
    Kerry
    Kerry Soileau, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Kerry Soileau

    Tony Morris Guest

    "Kerry Soileau" <> wrote in message
    news:iiVQc.3511$...
    > Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
    > at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems?

    Yes.

    > I wrote a Java class,
    > PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
    > nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.
    > Kerry

    There is no Iterator class.
    Even so, what does that have to do with the email address of engineers at
    Sun?

    --
    Tony Morris
    http://xdweb.net/~dibblego/
    Tony Morris, Aug 7, 2004

  3. > There is no Iterator class.
    You're correct, I meant to write "implements the Iterator interface" rather
    than "subclasses the Iterator class."

    > Even so, what does that have to do with the email address of engineers at
    > Sun?

    Since you didn't provide the requested email address, I see no reason to
    answer your question.
    Kerry Soileau, Aug 8, 2004
  4. On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:27:18 GMT, Kerry Soileau wrote:
    (T.M.)

    >> Even so, what does that have to do with the email address of engineers at
    >> Sun?

    > Since you didn't provide the requested email address, I see no reason to
    > answer your question.

    I am curious. Did you actually expect that answer
    to entice Tony (or anybody else for that matter)
    to give an email address to you?

    ... FWIW, I have the addresses of two
    Sun employees,
    a) neither of which I would provide on an
    open forum,
    b) neither of whom would have much interest
    in pursuing a new class, as they are in far
    removed areas to 'extending the API'.
    c) neither of whom I would bother by passing
    on their addresses to someone on usenet who
    displayed the attitude you did, as they might
    'plonk' me for doing so.

    There are alternate ways to pursue contact
    with Sun, ..but I don't know if I could be
    bothered spending the time to explain.

    So, keep your information to yourself if you wish,
    but if you truly want to get in contact with someone
    at Sun and cannot find your way there yourself,
    I strongly suggest you start justifying why
    you need to contact them..

    Your choice.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 8, 2004
  5. LOL, I get a rude, unhelpful email from one guy who doesn't like my response
    to a rude, unhelpful email from another guy. I had no idea this board would
    be so amusing. Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
    you to be their email doorkeepers.

    i68ud7$...

    Kerry Soileau, Aug 8, 2004
  6. On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 17:33:39 GMT, Kerry Soileau wrote:

    > Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
    > you to be their email doorkeepers.

    ...only from people not competent enough to
    figure out how to contact Sun themselves. ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 8, 2004
  7. Kerry Soileau <> wrote:
    > LOL, I get a rude, unhelpful email from one guy who doesn't like my response
    > to a rude, unhelpful email from another guy. I had no idea this board would
    > be so amusing. Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
    > you to be their email doorkeepers.

    The question is a valid question. I don't think the original question ("what
    does this have to do with Sun's engineers") was unreasonable, and quite
    frankly, I don't think it was rude either.

    And the question isn't about being "email doorkeepers" - if I have a work
    email address that gets a lot of legitimate mail, then I sure don't want it
    being posted on Usenet so it can get spammed; that'll just cause me to waste
    time wading through crap coming into my Inbox (even the best spam filters
    can't and don't catch everything). The other issue is that if someone asks
    me for X's email address, and I don't know the person asking for the address,
    at the very least I will ask X for permission first; and some people don't
    want their work addresses being given out in the first place.

    If you need help or have suggestions, you might be better off posting on Sun's
    public Java forums.

    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    Steven J Sobol, Aug 8, 2004
  8. "Kerry Soileau" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
    > at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems? I wrote a Java class,
    > PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
    > nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.

    No problem. Post your home phone number, and I'll have him give you a call.
    Mike Schilling, Aug 8, 2004
  9. Kerry Soileau

    Chris Smith Guest

    Kerry Soileau wrote:
    > Does anyone know the email address of anyone (preferably the group leader)
    > at the Java development group at Sun Microsystems? I wrote a Java class,
    > PowerSet, that subclasses the Iterator class and iterates through all
    > nonempty subsets of a given set. Thanks for any leads.

    The correct path to suggest an addition to the Java standard API is to
    submit an RFE to the Java Bug Parade, at java.sun.com. Or, if this is
    intended to be separate from the Java core API, look at
    http://www.jcp.org/

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Aug 9, 2004
  10. Kerry Soileau

    Tony Morris Guest

    Tony Morris, Aug 10, 2004
  11. Tony Morris wrote:

    > Please enlighten me - how was my response "rude"?

    It responded to his post without giving him what he wanted. How DARE
    you have the AUDACITY to SUGGEST or even IMPLY that he SHOULDN'T HAVE
    what he WANTS! (!!!!!!)

    ;-)

    John Bollinger
    John C. Bollinger, Aug 10, 2004
  12. On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:16:58 GMT, Mike Schilling wrote:

    > No problem. Post your home phone number, and I'll have him give you a call.

    There were a lot of pertinent responses to this
    thread, but this is my favourite.. ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 10, 2004
  13. Kerry Soileau

    Liz Guest

    don't you need his ssn too?

    Liz, Aug 10, 2004
  14. In article <TttRc.10739$>,
    "Kerry Soileau" <> wrote:

    > LOL, I get a rude, unhelpful email from one guy who doesn't like my response
    > to a rude, unhelpful email from another guy. I had no idea this board would
    > be so amusing. Especially amusing is the idea that Sun Microsystems needs
    > you to be their email doorkeepers.

    If someone is given an email address that actually gets to a human,
    rather than being tossed to the spamfilters unread, then it behooves the
    recipient to take care of it. As you put it, to be their email
    doorkeepers.

    Since you have not said _why_ you want such a contact, and _what_ you
    propose, I cannot see why someone would want to put you in contact with
    anyone they liked or respected. Unless you care to go into greater
    detail? (And if so, you might want to do so in as an RFE or bug report
    on the bug parade.)

    I realize you are not reading this, but on the off chance that someone
    with a clue googles someday, the advice is for the archives.

    Scott
    Scott Ellsworth, Aug 10, 2004