java does not trigger on my mouse events

Discussion in 'Java' started by karl wettin, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. karl wettin

    karl wettin Guest

    Hello groups,

    sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question
    belongs.

    Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I
    have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might be
    wrong? It worked just fine before I replaced my harddrive and
    reinstalled Gentoo. The major diffrence is that I now run xorg and
    gnome 2.6. It used to be xfree and gnome 2.4.

    kalle@limax kalle $ uname -a
    Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33 CEST 2004 ppc 745/755
    PowerBook4,1 GNU/Linux

    kalle@limax kalle $ java -version
    head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1' since this will be removed
    in the future
    java version "1.3.1"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS)Classic VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS,
    native threads, nojit)

    kalle@limax kalle $ X -version

    Release Date: 18 December 2003
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-G4 ppc [ELF]
    Current Operating System: Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33
    CEST 2004 ppc
    Build Date: 24 October 2004
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
    Module Loader present

    --

    kalle

    karl wettin, Oct 26, 2004

  2. karl wettin

    Ann Guest

    "karl wettin" <> wrote in message
    > Hello groups,
    >
    > sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question
    > belongs.
    >
    > Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I
    > have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might be
    > wrong? It worked just fine before I replaced my harddrive and
    > reinstalled Gentoo. The major diffrence is that I now run xorg and
    > gnome 2.6. It used to be xfree and gnome 2.4.
    >
    > kalle@limax kalle $ uname -a
    > Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33 CEST 2004 ppc 745/755
    > PowerBook4,1 GNU/Linux
    >
    > kalle@limax kalle $ java -version
    > head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1' since this will be removed
    > in the future
    > java version "1.3.1"
    > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    > Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS)Classic VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS,
    > native threads, nojit)
    >
    > kalle@limax kalle $ X -version
    >
    > Release Date: 18 December 2003
    > X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
    > Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-G4 ppc [ELF]
    > Current Operating System: Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33
    > CEST 2004 ppc
    > Build Date: 24 October 2004
    > Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
    > to make sure that you have the latest version.
    > Module Loader present
    >

    > --
    >
    > kalle

    Do you have a listener?

    Ann, Oct 26, 2004

  3. karl wettin

    karl wettin Guest

    "Ann" <> wrote in message news:<YFsfd.251030$wV.24535@attbi_s54>...
    > "karl wettin" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello groups,
    > >
    > > sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question
    > > belongs.
    > >
    > > Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I
    > > have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might be
    > > wrong? It worked just fine before I replaced my harddrive and
    > > reinstalled Gentoo. The major diffrence is that I now run xorg and
    > > gnome 2.6. It used to be xfree and gnome 2.4.

    > Do you have a listener?

    Listener?

    I solved it by installing Ubuntu and Xfree86, but I would still like
    to know what might have been wrong.

    --

    karl

    karl wettin, Nov 3, 2004