    if it is , where can get java snmp library?

    Have a day.
    Thanks a lot.
    somez72, May 14, 2004

  2. somez72

    Chris Smith Guest

    somez72 wrote:
    > Hello.
    > I'm looking for snmp library to monitor linux server.
    > ucd-snmp is alreay runing on linux server.
    > java does support snmp library to get some information from linux
    > server ?
    >
    > if it is , where can get java snmp library?

    Nothing built into the core API, but googling for "Java SNMP" certainly
    pops up some promising options.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, May 14, 2004

  3. Hi,

    Check joesnmp, http://www.opennms.org/files/releases/joeSNMP/0.2/ it does v1
    and v2,
    if you want a v3 stack check http://www.snmp4j.org/ and
    http://snmp.westhawk.co.uk/index.html.

    useful information can be found there:
    http://www.snmplink.org/

    Christophe

    Christophe Roudet, May 17, 2004
  4. somez72

    iksrazal Guest

    "somez72" <> wrote in message news:<c83869$e8g$>...
    > Hello.
    > I'm looking for snmp library to monitor linux server.
    > ucd-snmp is alreay runing on linux server.
    > java does support snmp library to get some information from linux
    > server ?
    >
    > if it is , where can get java snmp library?
    >

    > Have a day.
    > Thanks a lot.

    I'd recommend using JMX (Java Management Extensions) as a drop in
    replacement for snmp .

    Hire an American living in the third world
    http://www.braziloutsource.com/
    iksrazal
    iksrazal, May 17, 2004