java email exception from .jar

Daisy

I trying to use log4j's SMTPAppender which sends mail of log messages.
I have it working inside Eclipse, and I've used log4j(excluding
SMTPAppender) for a long time in my application .jar. However, the
java email classes are throwing an error from my .jar. It seems to be
looking for a manifest which I'm guessing is the activation's?

I'm putting the java email classes in my .jar as well as the
activation.jar in the same path as the jaf1-1 framework does. Here is
the exception.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest
section for
signature file entry javax/activation/DataContentHandlerFactory.class
at
sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.verifySection(SignatureFileVe
rifier.java:329)
at
sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process0(SignatureFileVerifie
r.java:241)
at
sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier
..java:191)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:239)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:194)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:300)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:362)
at
sun.misc.URLClassPath$5.getInputStream(URLClassPath.java:619)
at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:57)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)