java email exception from .jar

Discussion in 'Java' started by Daisy, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. Daisy

    Daisy Guest

    I trying to use log4j's SMTPAppender which sends mail of log messages.
    I have it working inside Eclipse, and I've used log4j(excluding
    SMTPAppender) for a long time in my application .jar. However, the
    java email classes are throwing an error from my .jar. It seems to be
    looking for a manifest which I'm guessing is the activation's?

    I'm putting the java email classes in my .jar as well as the
    activation.jar in the same path as the jaf1-1 framework does. Here is
    the exception.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Jeff

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest
    section for
    signature file entry javax/activation/DataContentHandlerFactory.class
    at
    sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.verifySection(SignatureFileVe
    rifier.java:329)
    at
    sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process0(SignatureFileVerifie
    r.java:241)
    at
    sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier
    ..java:191)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:239)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:194)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:300)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:362)
    at
    sun.misc.URLClassPath$5.getInputStream(URLClassPath.java:619)
    at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:57)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
    at
    sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

    Daisy, Dec 5, 2006