    can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them
    I have the sun one studio but no tutorials

    Cheers
    Bayrat, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Bayrat:

    >I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
    >to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
    >can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them
    > I have the sun one studio but no tutorials

    You'll need a native compiler. To run the exe you'll need an installed
    Java anyway (most of the time), so it's not really a simplification.
    See <http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/jcomp.html#native>.

    Regards,
    Marco
    Marco Schmidt, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Bayrat

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:42:43 +0000 (UTC), "Bayrat"
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >

    >>I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
    >>to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
    >>can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them
    >>I have the sun one studio but no tutorials

    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html
    > http://mindprod.com/nativecompiler.html
    > http://mindprod.com/gettingstarted.html

    Try this link:

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/nativecompiler.html#NATIVECOMPILER

    Pay attention to #3
    Jon A. Cruz, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Bayrat

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:27:00 GMT, Roedy Green <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html
    >http://mindprod.com/nativecompiler.html
    >http://mindprod.com/gettingstarted.html

    whoops. I need to get some sort of automation.

    those should read:

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Bayrat

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Bayrat <> wrote:

    : I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
    : to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
    : can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them

    Java doesn't exactly encourage creating ".exe" files.

    The Java way is to make a "Jar" file - which can be launched by
    double-clicking on it.

    The main downside (compared to an "exe") is that there is no "application
    icon" protocol. Why this appears to be missing I don't know.
    --
    __________
    Tim Tyler, Jul 9, 2003
  6. Bayrat

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:58:54 GMT, Tim Tyler <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >The main downside (compared to an "exe") is that there is no "application
    >icon" protocol. Why this appears to be missing I don't know.

    if you use JNLP JWS you get one.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 11, 2003
  7. Bayrat

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote:
    : Tim Tyler <> wrote or quoted

    :>The main downside (compared to an "exe") is that there is no "application
    :>icon" protocol. Why this appears to be missing I don't know.

    : if you use JNLP JWS you get one.

    This is true.

    Maybe one day JNLP files will have appropriate icons on them when
    viewed from conventional file managers.
    --
    Tim Tyler, Jul 11, 2003