Java exploit

George

A while back I found a page that demonstrated a Java exploit where it
made multiple windows pop up and bounce all over. It was originally
used to replace your home page while you were clicking to close
windows or end task function. Does anyone have a link to a page that
gives a demonstration of this? Any other fun links in Java that are
appropriate for a classroom atmosphere I could use as well.

Chris Smith

George said:
A while back I found a page that demonstrated a Java exploit where it
made multiple windows pop up and bounce all over. It was originally
used to replace your home page while you were clicking to close
windows or end task function. Does anyone have a link to a page that
gives a demonstration of this? Any other fun links in Java that are
appropriate for a classroom atmosphere I could use as well.

Are you sure that you mean Java? You could create a bounch of windows
and make them jump around via a Java applet... but you certainly
couldn't change the home page that way. Perhaps you are thinking of
JavaScript instead... that's a pretty common mistake, given the similar
name.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Liz

Ya, javascript lets you do something when the page loads and
something else when it unloads. It also lets you move the page
around and resize it etc.