    to buy that equipment unless it's absolutely necessary.

    Regards,
    SamHunt90
    Sam, May 17, 2004

  2. Sam wrote:

    > I'm developing a database/swing educational Java application. Since
    > it's for retail distribution, it nees to run on a PDA and a Mac as
    > well as Windows. The database also needs to be multi-platform.

    If by PDA you mean a handheld like the iPAQ then no, you won't be able to
    write one application and have it run on both a desktop and the handheld.
    PDAs will run either CLDC or CDC based profiles, such as the MIDP or
    Personal (Basis) Profiles and not the full-blown J2SE desktop environment.

    You can definitely *share* code between both applications; i.e., you can
    write common code and share those classes between both development efforts.
    But, you won't be able to write a single application and run it on both.

    Nor would you really want to....

    --
    /**
    * @author Darryl L. Pierce <>