    170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
    available today.

    So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.
    Alberto Panno-Peano, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Alberto Panno-Peano

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Alberto Panno-Peano wrote:

    > Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
    >
    > The C64 with it´s massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
    > 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
    > available today.
    >
    > So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

    LOL, great!

    So where can I download the JVM for C64?
    ;-)

    I don't believe you!

    Regards,
    Erwin
    Erwin Moller, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Alberto Panno-Peano

    Paul Guest

    I wonder if they'll be doing a version for the Speccy :)

    Paul, Jan 20, 2004
  4. Alberto Panno-Peano schrieb:

    > Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
    >
    > The C64 with it´s massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
    > 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
    > available today.
    >
    > So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

    Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not required?

    And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to upgrade
    my production system with a floppy disk

    Thomas
    Thomas Kellerer, Jan 20, 2004
  5. Alberto Panno-Peano

    visionset Guest

    > > So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

    > Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not required?
    >
    > And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to

    upgrade
    > my production system with a floppy disk

    Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.
    Will this fit your needs?

    --
    Mike W
    visionset, Jan 20, 2004
  6. Alberto Panno-Peano

    Hop Pocket Guest

    Wait, so I guess the Vic-20 version is just not going to come out at all?

    Hop Pocket, Jan 20, 2004
  7. Great! Send me your project and I'll make JAVA library support for C64
    sprites and sound.

    Mladen Adamovic, Jan 24, 2004
  8. Alberto Panno-Peano

    Guest

    "visionset" <> wrote:

    >Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.

    <shudder>

    I remember typing in machine code from magazines many years ago to see what
    the programs did. :)
    , Jan 25, 2004
  9. Alberto Panno-Peano

    steve Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:43:53 +0800, Mladen Adamovic wrote
    (in article <buvsmi$4h6$>):

    > Great! Send me your project and I'll make JAVA library support for C64
    > sprites and sound.
    >
    > "Alberto Panno-Peano" <> wrote in message
    >> Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.
    >>
    >> The C64 with it´s massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
    >> 170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
    >> available today.
    >>
    >> So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

    Jesus ,is that thing still going, I co-wrote jetset willy for that beast
    nearly 15 years ago.
    Don't forget the java support for the tape drive and joy stick.

    steve
    steve, Jan 27, 2004