Java for the C64

Alberto Panno-Peano

Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.

The C64 with it´s massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
available today.

So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

Erwin Moller

Alberto said:
Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.

The C64 with it´s massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
available today.

So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

LOL, great!

So where can I download the JVM for C64?
;-)

I don't believe you!

Regards,
Erwin

Thomas Kellerer

Alberto said:
Java has just been ported to the C64, available on on 5.25" disk.

The C64 with it´s massive 64K memory, modern 5.25" drives with about
170KB/side, state-of-the art 6510 CPU is one of the top-systems
available today.

So get a C64 fast to write some good JAVA programs.

Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not required?

And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to upgrade
my production system with a floppy disk

Thomas

visionset

Does it run on top of Simon's Basic or are those extensions not required?

And I would need a distribution on cassette, as I haven't been able to upgrade
my production system with a floppy disk

Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.
Will this fit your needs?

Mladen Adamovic

Great! Send me your project and I'll make JAVA library support for C64
sprites and sound.

brougham5

visionset said:
Apparantly the machine code is available to type in.

<shudder>

I remember typing in machine code from magazines many years ago to see what
the programs did. :)

steve

Great! Send me your project and I'll make JAVA library support for C64
sprites and sound.

Jesus ,is that thing still going, I co-wrote jetset willy for that beast
nearly 15 years ago.
Don't forget the java support for the tape drive and joy stick.

steve