Java hosting.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Alex.From.Ohio.Java@gmail.com, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 9, 2008

  2. Dave Miller Guest

    wrote:
    > I use http://www.myjavaserver.com to host my Java related application
    > server.
    > It was good for years but right now they are out of file space.
    >
    > Any suggestion what is good free application server right now to host
    > JSPs/databases/mail/ftp?
    >
    > Alex.
    > http://www.myjavaserver.com/~alexfromohio/

    On the site you're on now, they say that they have not been free since
    2004 and that they are charging about $3 a month. Elsewhere, they say
    that they are no longer accepting sign ups due to malicious users. Just
    now, your site redirected to a blank page all of which says that it may
    be time for you to move.

    For a good, free, development server, you might want to load one onto
    your own computer.

    If you are looking for a low cost (shared JVM) Java host Google "Java
    web hosting" and look at the ads - shared hosting starts at about the
    same $3 per month that your present host says that they charge.

    --
    Dave Miller
    Java Web Hosting at:

    Dave Miller, Jun 9, 2008

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 06:11:24 -0700 (PDT),

    >I use http://www.myjavaserver.com to host my Java related application
    >server.
    >It was good for years but right now they are out of file space.
    >
    >Any suggestion what is good free application server right now to host
    >JSPs/databases/mail/ftp?

    I maintain a collection of servers sorted by price starting with free.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ispvendors.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Jun 9, 2008
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:52:20 GMT, Dave Miller
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >For a good, free, development server, you might want to load one onto
    >your own computer.

    I considered that myself, to host a Subversion server, but I realised
    that I reboot a little too often, and I like to take things down for
    backup. A dedicated server has no development so is more stable.

    Roedy Green, Jun 10, 2008