    extension but I cannot open for the same reason...Sigh
    Someone can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee...thanx very much

    , Mar 16, 2007

  2. ck Guest

    On Mar 16, 7:54 pm, wrote:
    > Hi guys, I'm new in java world using a mac. Actually I must use the
    > terminal to compile and run classes (javac and java commands) because
    > the xCode editor I use to code in doesn't work properly. It doesn't
    > build and run my java classes. Every time I click on build the
    > application will close and a message let me close at all, open again
    > and send a comment to apple.
    > Actually I didn't care very much because I used javac and java command
    > from terminal, but now I copied and pasted code, from the
    > SimpleRead.java found on internet on the same name class I built, on
    > xCode and it doesn't work. So I registered from safari with .java
    > extension but I cannot open for the same reason...Sigh
    > Someone can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee...thanx very much

    If you can compile other Java files from terminal why can't you
    compile this "SimpleRead.java" in the same way? Compile from the
    terminal.

    --
    Ck

    ck, Mar 16, 2007

  3. ck Guest

    On Mar 16, 7:54 pm, wrote:
    > Hi guys, I'm new in java world using a mac. Actually I must use the
    > terminal to compile and run classes (javac and java commands) because
    > the xCode editor I use to code in doesn't work properly. It doesn't

    May be these links would be of some help
    http://www.centerkey.com/mac/java/
    In case you want to ditch xcode you can use NetBeans (I would suggest
    you not to use IDE till you are fairly comfortable with Java)

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/getStarted/cupojava/netbeans.html

    --
    Ck

    ck, Mar 16, 2007
  4. sone Guest

    On 16 Mar, 15:58, "ck" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 16, 7:54 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Hi guys, I'm new in java world using a mac. Actually I must use the
    > > terminal to compile and run classes (javac and java commands) because
    > > the xCode editor I use to code in doesn't work properly. It doesn't
    > > build and run my java classes. Every time I click on build the
    > > application will close and a message let me close at all, open again
    > > and send a comment to apple.
    > > Actually I didn't care very much because I used javac and java command
    > > from terminal, but now I copied and pasted code, from the
    > > SimpleRead.java found on internet on the same name class I built, on
    > > xCode and it doesn't work. So I registered from safari with .java
    > > extension but I cannot open for the same reason...Sigh
    > > Someone can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee...thanx very much

    > If you can compile other Java files from terminal why can't you
    > compile this "SimpleRead.java" in the same way? Compile from the
    > terminal.
    >
    > --
    > Ck

    Hi, thanx for the answer..
    Btw I'm trying to compile from the terminal, it's what I'm doing
    but.....do you mean that i shouldn't use xcode at all...code the
    SimpleRead.java directly on the terminal?? if you meant this, how can
    I do pls?

    sone, Mar 16, 2007
  5. sone Guest

    On 16 Mar, 16:02, "ck" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 16, 7:54 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Hi guys, I'm new in java world using a mac. Actually I must use the
    > > terminal to compile and run classes (javac and java commands) because
    > > the xCode editor I use to code in doesn't work properly. It doesn't

    > May be these links would be of some helphttp://www.centerkey.com/mac/java/
    > In case you want to ditch xcode you can use NetBeans (I would suggest
    > you not to use IDE till you are fairly comfortable with Java)
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/getStarted/cupojava/netbeans....
    >
    > --
    > Ck

    Thank you very much!!I'm going to surf that pages...
    About NetBeans I've downloaded it and installed but it didn't want to
    work...I double clicked on it but it won't open...do I have some
    problem on my mac ??? lol
    :(

    sone, Mar 16, 2007
  6. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

    I'm curious - is this spelling part of a subculture? I have seen it or close
    variants in several posts over time.

    If I were to convey a whiny tone I'd spell it "pleeeeeease" or
    "pleeeEEEEease". To my eye/ear (/nose/throat) the "e"s at the end negate the
    silence of the final "e" and create a prolonged vowel after the "s" sound.

    -- Lew

    Lew, Mar 17, 2007
  7. On Mar 17, 2:31 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

    > I'm curious - is this spelling part of a subculture? I have seen it or close
    > variants in several posts over time.
    >
    > If I were to convey a whiny tone I'd spell it "pleeeeeease" or
    > "pleeeEEEEease". To my eye/ear (/nose/throat) the "e"s at the end negate the
    > silence of the final "e" and create a prolonged vowel after the "s" sound.

    Using the word 'please', incorrectly spelt,
    is most likely to have me going directly to
    the next post. But then, even 'please',
    correctly spelt, has a whiny tone to my ear.

    State a technical question (after doing some
    groundwork) and people will not especially
    care that you did not say 'please', they will
    begin to discuss the technical issues - and
    therein lies the solution. Adding 'please'
    almost indicates that the author recognises
    that they are asking a stupid question, yet
    still imploring us to 'take pity' on them
    or 'give them allowances' for courtesy.

    My attitude, is 'no'. Be blunt and direct,
    do the groundwork, and ask a smart question -
    'courtesy' be scr*wed.

    And as an aside, I see 'courtesy' as being
    crudely equivalent to 'false platitudes' -
    on the groups, it is largely a waste of
    bandwidth*.

    * Not that I have not used a few bytes
    thanking people for answers, which I think
    *does* make sense - at least for flagging
    solutions that work.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 17, 2007
  8. steve Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:54:36 +0800, wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Hi guys, I'm new in java world using a mac. Actually I must use the
    > terminal to compile and run classes (javac and java commands) because
    > the xCode editor I use to code in doesn't work properly. It doesn't
    > build and run my java classes. Every time I click on build the
    > application will close and a message let me close at all, open again
    > and send a comment to apple.
    > Actually I didn't care very much because I used javac and java command
    > from terminal, but now I copied and pasted code, from the
    > SimpleRead.java found on internet on the same name class I built, on
    > xCode and it doesn't work. So I registered from safari with .java
    > extension but I cannot open for the same reason...Sigh
    > Someone can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee...thanx very much

    Xcode works for tens of thousands of other people, therefore it must be YOU.

    1. post a screen shot using grab,
    2. post the error message it asks you to send to apple.
    3. read the manual.

    Steve

    steve, Mar 17, 2007
  9. > Hi, thanx for the answer..
    > Btw I'm trying to compile from the terminal, it's what I'm doing
    > but.....do you mean that i shouldn't use xcode at all...code the
    > SimpleRead.java directly on the terminal?? if you meant this, how can
    > I do pls?

    You can use emacs:

    emacs YourFile.java

    or vi:

    vi YourFile.java

    or a nice GUI text editor, since these are a bit hard to use for many
    people (altough Emacs comes with a nice tutorial). I would recommend to
    use the jEdit editor:

    http://www.jedit.org/

    It contains some nice tools for Java development and the editor itself is
    written in Java :).

    Kostas Michalopoulos, Mar 17, 2007
  10. Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
    >> Hi, thanx for the answer..
    >> Btw I'm trying to compile from the terminal, it's what I'm doing
    >> but.....do you mean that i shouldn't use xcode at all...code the
    >> SimpleRead.java directly on the terminal?? if you meant this, how can
    >> I do pls?

    > You can use emacs:
    >
    > emacs YourFile.java
    >
    > or vi:
    >
    > vi YourFile.java
    >
    > or a nice GUI text editor, since these are a bit hard to use for many
    > people (altough Emacs comes with a nice tutorial). I would recommend to
    > use the jEdit editor:
    >
    > http://www.jedit.org/
    >
    > It contains some nice tools for Java development and the editor itself is
    > written in Java :).

    If you use the jEdit editor, I would recommend getting the plugins
    Console, ErrorList, and ProjectViewer. Between the three of them, they
    really make jEdit an excellent editor!

    Joshua Cranmer, Mar 17, 2007