    How can i rotate a java image without using Graphics2D &
    AffineTransform ? .Actually i want to implement this in j2me.

    , Feb 7, 2006

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On 7 Feb 2006 02:00:53 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >How can i rotate a java image without using Graphics2D &
    >AffineTransform ? .Actually i want to implement this in j2me

    if it is a small enough image, you can grab it pixel by pixel, and
    plop it into a new Image array pixel by pixel where it belongs.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Oliver Wong Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On 7 Feb 2006 02:00:53 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    > indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >>How can i rotate a java image without using Graphics2D &
    >>AffineTransform ? .Actually i want to implement this in j2me

    > if it is a small enough image, you can grab it pixel by pixel, and
    > plop it into a new Image array pixel by pixel where it belongs.

    The other method is to start from the target image, and then "work
    backwards" and determine which pixel to "plop" from in the source image. You
    might do "nearest-neighbour" approximation, where the same pixel from the
    source might be used for two or more pixels in the target, or some sort of
    weighed-average of the neighbouring pixels in the source image depending on
    what your sin/cosine functions return as the source coordinates.

    Depends on how much processing power you have available to you, and how
    patient your users are.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Feb 7, 2006

    can u give me any code samples or any site adreess

    , Feb 8, 2006
  5. Oliver Wong Guest

    Oliver Wong, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    On 7 Feb 2006 02:00:53 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >How can i rotate a java image without using Graphics2D &
    >AffineTransform ? .Actually i want to implement this in j2me.

    If all you want is a rotating icon, prerotate icon and keep around png
    files of the icon at different degrees of rotation.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 8, 2006