Java installation on Win98

Mike

I apologize if this is the wrong NG, but I've asked everywhere else I
could think of ...

I'm a long time programmer, but new to Java, and I recently installed
Java WebStart on Win98FE. Almost immediately, I noticed that a lot of
my .wav files were no longer working; some work perfectly, some are so
quiet you can barely hear them, and others don't play any sound at
all.

I thought it was a coincidence, but I've done everything I can think
of hardware-side, and nothing fixes the problem. No other software was
installed within weeks of Java, either, so as odd as it seems, it's
the only thing I can think of.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

TIA,

Mike

PS, they don't play in Media Player or ATI FilePlayer, so I don't
think it's the software. I've reinstalled both, anyway, with no
effect.

S. Balk

I apologize if this is the wrong NG, but I've asked everywhere else I
could think of ...

I'm a long time programmer, but new to Java, and I recently installed
Java WebStart on Win98FE. Almost immediately, I noticed that a lot of
my .wav files were no longer working; some work perfectly, some are so
quiet you can barely hear them, and others don't play any sound at
all.

I thought it was a coincidence, but I've done everything I can think
of hardware-side, and nothing fixes the problem. No other software was
installed within weeks of Java, either, so as odd as it seems, it's
the only thing I can think of.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Uninstall Java and check for changes... anyway Java can't do such things as
far as I know