Java Instant Messaging newbie

coolgirl

Does anyone know how you would develop an instant messaging applet in
java,
im a bit stumped when lookin at jabber and other messaging protocals,
where do you start, can you use jms?

Oliver Wong

coolgirl said:
Does anyone know how you would develop an instant messaging applet in
java,
im a bit stumped when lookin at jabber and other messaging protocals,
where do you start, can you use jms?

There's a book specifically on developing a Java instant messaging
applet in Java using the Jabber protocol. It was the first hit I got from
the first Google query I tried ("java IM").
http://www.manning.com/books/shigeoka

There's also this library that was recently mentioned on
comp.lang.java.announce:

http://jclaim.sourceforge.net/

- Oliver