Java interacting with gpg

Will Hartung

I'm starting a bit for our project where a client will be encrypting a small
bit of text with a public key using GPG, and we need to decrypt it.

I can simply fork off a gpg program everytime, but I would rather not.

Modern encryption is neck deep in acronyms and vocabulary that I'm not
particularly up to speed on, so it's hard to figure out where I need to
start in order to approach this problem.

Any beacons in the night would be very welcome and appreciated.

Thanx!

Best Regards,

Will Hartung
([email protected])

Sudsy

Will said:
I'm starting a bit for our project where a client will be encrypting a small
bit of text with a public key using GPG, and we need to decrypt it.

I can simply fork off a gpg program everytime, but I would rather not.

Modern encryption is neck deep in acronyms and vocabulary that I'm not
particularly up to speed on, so it's hard to figure out where I need to
start in order to approach this problem.

Here's the thing: it takes a lot of time and effort to understand
cryptography. I've held off responding, wondering if someone else
was willing to share their knowledge.
Turns out, this is one of the few areas where the people who've
expended the time and effort aren't as open as they would have
been in previous times.
Given the off-shore out-sourcing trend, why would you expect us
to provide sample code which could be used to "shed" even more
jobs from North America?
Do I have working code? Certainly! Am I willing to just give it
away when some 400,000 jobs have been lost in NA over the last
three years in the IT arena? Not hardly!
OTOH, if you require a solution and are willing to pay prevailing
rates then you can drop me a line off-list...