    question should I prepare for the interview.

    Thanks,
    Ane

    Kiran Pannu, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Kiran Pannu

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Kiran Pannu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >

    > I am fresh grad and looking for a job. I am wondering if someone can
    > give me interview tips for Java developer position like what kind of
    > question should I prepare for the interview.

    Go with a CD of Examples of your work - and some links to example JSPs you
    have created.
    If you went to college, bring a transcript and letters of recomendation from
    your instructors.
    Wear clean clothes and use a deodorant.
    Remove nose rings and ear rings.
    Be respectful.
    Take your ballcap off when you enter a building.
    Don't proposition the boss's secretary while holding your privates.

    Hal Rosser, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Hal Rosser wrote:
    > "Kiran Pannu" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>

    >>I am fresh grad and looking for a job. I am wondering if someone can
    >>give me interview tips for Java developer position like what kind of
    >>question should I prepare for the interview.
    >>

    > Go with a CD of Examples of your work - and some links to example JSPs you
    > have created.
    > If you went to college, bring a transcript and letters of recomendation from
    > your instructors.
    > Wear clean clothes and use a deodorant.
    > Remove nose rings and ear rings.
    > Be respectful.
    > Take your ballcap off when you enter a building.
    > Don't proposition the boss's secretary while holding your privates.

    Or the secretary's privates, for that matter.

    Jeffrey Schwab, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Kiran Pannu

    hilz Guest

    > Don't proposition the boss's secretary while holding your privates.

    And all this time i was wondering why i didn't get that job I
    interviewed for. I wish I read this before i went to the interview :)

    hilz, Jan 22, 2006
  5. Kiran Pannu

    Kent Schmidt Guest

    In addition to that excellent advice, in September JDJ ran these articles on
    interview questions you should be able to answer:
    http://java.sys-con.com/read/48839_1.htm and
    http://java.sys-con.com/read/48839_2.htm

    --
    Kent
    kschmidt[at sign]avenuecable.com

    Kent Schmidt, Jan 24, 2006
  6. Kiran Pannu

    Joe Attardi Guest

    Hal Rosser wrote:
    > Don't proposition the boss's secretary while holding your privates.

    Unless the secretary is really, really hot.

    Kidding of course!

    Joe Attardi, Jan 24, 2006
  7. Kiran Pannu

    Rajah Guest

    I like the article that Kent referred to.

    Sometimes the interviewer is looking for your problem-solving ability.
    AceTheInterview.com has a list of some Microsoft questions at
    http://www.acetheinterview.com/qanda/microsoft_interview.html .

    The CollegeGrad.com site has categorized eight types of interview
    questions at http://www.collegegrad.com/jobsearch/16-4.shtml .

    It's also good to bear in mind that the interviewer is trying to figure
    out if you would be a good coworker, not necessarily a programming
    genius. So I'll echo Hal's sentiments and add: get there 15 minutes
    before the interview, and walk up to the receptionist at 5 minutes
    before. (And don't proposition the receptionist, either!)

    Toward the end of the interview, they will often ask at the end if you
    have any questions. They're really trying to gauge your level of
    interest in the company and the job. It might be good to read up on the
    company before the interview. You might want to use the 5-15 minutes to
    read that annual report gracing the coffee table.

    Best wishes for finding the right job.

    Rajah, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Kiran Pannu

    Kiran Pannu Guest

    Hi All,

    Can anyone suggest me about progamming samples which i should prepare
    for written coding tests.

    Thans!

    Kiran Pannu, Jan 26, 2006
  9. "Kiran Pannu" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can anyone suggest me about progamming samples which i should prepare
    > for written coding tests.
    >
    > Thans!

    Written tests are always hard.

    See if you can find some sample questions - or find the specific subject
    matter.

    The best way to prepare for something is to do virtually the same thing you
    will be doing.

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Jan 26, 2006
  10. Kiran Pannu

    krishna Guest

    Following link contains material about "Mastering interview"
    http://www.geocities.com/srcsinc/personality_development/PD1step1.html

    Java interview questions
    http://www.geocities.com/srcsinc/interview_questions/java_interview_questions.htm

    krishna, Feb 15, 2006
  11. Kiran Pannu

    newspiderman

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    JAVA & J2EE Interview Questions and Answers

    Visit Prepareinterview dot com. It has everything for job interview tips and tricks, Interview Questions with ANSWERS.

    JAVA & J2EE Interview Questions and Answers

    Question: How to define an Interface?
    Answer: In Java Interface defines the methods but does not implement them. Interface can include...

    Question: Explain garbage collection?
    Answer: Garbage collection is one of the most important feature of Java. Garbage collection is also called automatic memory management as JVM automatically removes the unused variables/objects (value is null) from the memory. User program ....

    Question: Explain the Encapsulation principle.
    Answer: Encapsulation is a process of binding or wrapping the data and the codes that operates on the data into a single entity. This keeps....

    What is the use of bin and lib in JDK?- Bin contains all tools such as javac, appletviewer, awt tool, etc., whereas lib contains API and all packages.

    What is casting?- Casting is used to convert the value of one type to another.

    What is final, finalize() and finally?- final : final keyword can be used for class, method and variables. A final class cannot be subclassed and it prevents other programmers from subclassing a secure class to invoke insecure methods. A final method can’t be overridden. A final variable can’t change from its initialized value. finalize() : finalize() method is used just before an object is destroyed and can be called just prior to garbage collection. finally : finally, a key word used in exception handling, creates a block of code that will be executed after a try/catch block has completed and before the code following the try/catch block. The finally block will execute whether or not an exception is thrown. For example, if a method opens a file upon exit, then you will not want the code that closes the file to be bypassed by the exception-handling mechanism. This finally keyword is designed to address this contingency.

    What is UNICODE?- Unicode is used for internal representation of characters and strings and it uses 16 bits to represent each other.

    What is Garbage Collection and how to call it explicitly?- When an object i .....

    for more

    Visit prepareinterview dot com. It has everything for job interview tips and tricks, Interview Questions with ANSWERS.

    newspiderman, Nov 17, 2008
  12. Kiran Pannu

    Nilanjan

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Want a job in Java

    Hi All,

    I am having 6 month experience in java development with spring and hibernate framework. But right now i m not having any job with me. So i want to know how to prepare myself for interview and what i have to prepare. I mean Core java is important or Spring , hibernate framework.

    Thanks,
    Nilanjan

    Nilanjan, Sep 29, 2009