Java is the worst of both worlds

atbusbook

Java is worse than ruby for example because it has tacked on
colections, no dynamic typeing, some things are not objects, no
operator overloading, no function passing mech or blocks. functional
programing in java is imposible. it is slow to develop, and is a tad
faster at runtime than ruby or any other dynamic languige. it is
verbose beond comprehanchon. JAVA MAKES ME GO INSANE!!!!!!!!

atbusbook

Java is worse than ruby for example because it has tacked on
colections, no dynamic typeing, some things are not objects, no
operator overloading, no function passing mech or blocks. functional
programing in java is imposible. it is slow to develop, and is a tad
faster at runtime than ruby or any other dynamic languige. it is
verbose beond comprehanchon. JAVA MAKES ME GO INSANE!!!!!!!!

plus it does not have pointers and other stuff c/asm have for low level
power. so java is the worst of both worlds

Wibble

plus it does not have pointers and other stuff c/asm have for low level
power. so java is the worst of both worlds
And java isn't as pretty as my girl,
and doesn't taste as good as jello,
and java doesn't keep buy butt warm in the winter like my coat.

It really is the worst of both worlds.

Eric Sosman

Java is worse than ruby for example because it has tacked on
colections, no dynamic typeing, some things are not objects, no
operator overloading, no function passing mech or blocks. functional
programing in java is imposible. it is slow to develop, and is a tad
faster at runtime than ruby or any other dynamic languige. it is
verbose beond comprehanchon. JAVA MAKES ME GO INSANE!!!!!!!!

class Troll {
private final Troll troll;
Troll() {
System.out.println("I am a Troll: " + this);
troll = new Troll();
System.out.println("... who can't even spell.");
}
public static void main(String[] trolls) {
new Troll(); // no self-deprecation

John W. Kennedy

Java is worse than ruby for example because it has tacked on
colections, no dynamic typeing, some things are not objects, no
operator overloading, no function passing mech or blocks. functional
programing in java is imposible. it is slow to develop, and is a tad
faster at runtime than ruby or any other dynamic languige. it is
verbose beond comprehanchon. JAVA MAKES ME GO INSANE!!!!!!!!

*PLONK!*

Hendrik Maryns

Jeffrey Schwab

Hendrik said:

(e-mail address removed) schreef:

Ooh, I like that one! Never seen before.

Yes, I'm actually having a little trouble comprehanching the poster's
meaning...

Simon Brooke

in message <[email protected]>,
Java is worse than ruby for example because it has tacked on
colections, no dynamic typeing, some things are not objects, no
operator overloading, no function passing mech or blocks. functional
programing in java is imposible. it is slow to develop, and is a tad
faster at runtime than ruby or any other dynamic languige. it is
verbose beond comprehanchon. JAVA MAKES ME GO INSANE!!!!!!!!

If you don't like it, don't use it. There are plenty of other languages.

You're right, of course, that Java has a number of compromises. Most of
those compromises derive from the fact that Java (Oak) was originally
designed to run on very low powered devices - and, seeing these days we
mostly run Java on high powered machines, some of these compromises look
very silly. However, it remains a good enough language for most purposes,
with a large set of well designed, well tested components freely
available.

Chris Uppal

JAVA MAKES ME GO INSANE!!!!!!!!

If you are not being paid to use it, then just use something you prefer.

If you /are/ being paid to use it, then reflect that if it were easy and
pleasant to use, nobody would pay you to do so.

-- chris

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Wibble said:
And java isn't as pretty as my girl,
and doesn't taste as good as jello,
and java doesn't keep buy butt warm in the winter like my coat.

It really is the worst of both worlds.

Java does not have a cure for cancer,
Java does not bring world peace,
and Java cannot carry people to other worlds to colonize.

It really is the worst of both worlds.