    Pay: $45-$65/hr DOE

    Submit resumes to:
    , Apr 23, 2007

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > Location: Research Triangle Park (Cary, NC, Raleigh, NC)
    > Positions:
    > Java Struts Developer (5 openings)
    > JSP, EJB, DAO Developer (5 openings)
    > WebServices Developer (2 openings)
    >
    > We are staffing a large Java project and need qualified Java/J2EE
    > developers. If you cannot pass a reasonable in-person interview please
    > do not respond (e.g. if you do not know the difference between an
    > abstract class and an interface or a JDBC Type 4 and Type 1 driver).

    If you cannot pass a reasonable in-person interview, please do not respond,
    e.g., if you do not know the difference between a programmer's newsgroup and a
    jobs forum, or you're not willing to pay at least $200/hr (U.S.) plus expenses.

    An abstract class is declared with the keyword "class" and is an
    implementation, i.e., its methods can contain bodies. It is also declared
    "abstract", making it impossible to instantiate itself. Its main purpose is
    to root an inheritance tree with some behaviors predefined. Inheritance from
    an abstract class follows the single-inheritance rule - a child class may only
    extend one parent class (or none, in the exceptional case of Object). Some
    methods of an abstract class may be declared "abstract", which means that the
    method body is not provided in the abstract class but in its descendants for
    polymorphic invocation.

    An interface is a declaration (primarily) of public method signatures which
    taken together represent a type with a defined contract for interaction with
    other types. (Interfaces may have no defined methods, in which case they
    represent a type "marker".) An interface's purpose is to define a type,
    actually a supertype for classes to implement. A class may implement any
    number of interfaces, but for each interface it does implement, it must
    provide method bodies for every method defined in the interface or be itself
    an abstract class.

    The primary differences are
    - an interface defines a type whereas an abstract class defines a core
    implementation,
    - interfaces may be multiply implemented and may multiply inherit other
    interfaces, but classes may only extend one parent class which itself might be
    abstract,
    - interfaces may not have instance variables, abstract classes may.

    A "Type 1" JDBC driver is a bridge to an ODBC driver which in turn interacts
    with the data store. A "Type 4" JDBC driver is a driver written in Java
    itself which directly uses the data store using the latter's native protocol.

    > ... and you choose your own IDE.

    My, my, how very generous. If it's not open source, you do pay for it, right?

    > If you can code and are interested please submit a resume and salary
    > requirements.

    "If you can code"? That's all you think a developer is?

    > Terms: 6 month contract. Contract to perm (normally 1-2 years).
    > Pay: $45-$65/hr DOE

    Multiply by five and add expenses, bucko.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Apr 24, 2007