Java/J2EE Opportunities with Big 4 Firm

Phillip

_+_+_+_Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor at this time and
require all candidates to be US Citizens/Green Card Holders.+_+_+_+_

We are one of the Big 4 firms and leading providers of technology
services worldwide with more than 190,000 full time employee's in 120
countries. You will play a central role in helping organizations
achieve their strategic goals. Our experienced professionals and
cutting-edge solutions enable organizations to cost-effectively manage
initiatives and controls. We have the breadth of experience, global
resources, superior assets and deep knowledge and insights to help
clients create new forms of value and to help our clients become high-
performance businesses.

If you have deep Java/J2EE experience, and would like to be considered
for any of our current openings, please forward your resume. To be
considered, you MUST enclose your current base salary, without bonus.
A salary range cannot be substituted. In order to weed out the
candidates that SPAM job openings, we require that you detail your
experience and include base salary. (e-mail address removed). If you do
NOT include salary AND your detailed experience, we can not consider
you for any of our positions.

We are rapidly growing and have multiple openings. These are FULL
TIME positions, and require NO TRAVEL. Positions located on East
Coast. No relocation assistance available. Must currently live in
United States.

_+_+_+_Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor at this time and
require all candidates to be US Citizens/Green Card Holders.+_+_+_+_

markspace

Phillip said:
We are one of the Big 4 firms and leading providers of technology
services worldwide with more than 190,000 full time employee's in 120
countries.

"Big Four:"

"The Big Four are the four largest international accountancy and
professional services firms, which handle the vast majority of audits
for publicly traded companies as well as many private companies,
creating an oligopoly in auditing large companies."

PricewaterhouseCoopers
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Ernst & Young
KPMG

You're one of those companies? Or possibly some other company, that
can't provide its HR department with an email address and has to use
gmail instead.

Lew

"Big Four:"

"The Big Four are the four largest international accountancy  and
professional services firms, which handle the vast majority of audits
for publicly traded companies as well as many private companies,
creating an oligopoly  in auditing large companies."

PricewaterhouseCoopers
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Ernst & Young
KPMG

You're one of those companies?  Or possibly some other company, that
can't provide its HR department with an email address and has to use
gmail instead.

And doesn't know how to spell the plural of "employee"?

Arne Vajhøj

"Big Four:"

"The Big Four are the four largest international accountancy and
professional services firms, which handle the vast majority of audits
for publicly traded companies as well as many private companies,
creating an oligopoly in auditing large companies."

PricewaterhouseCoopers
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Ernst & Young
KPMG

You're one of those companies? Or possibly some other company, that
can't provide its HR department with an email address and has to use
gmail instead.

:)

And some may argue that "J2EE" send a signal about being out of touch.

Oh - and according to Wikipedia none of those companies has >190000
employees.

Arne

Arved Sandstrom

markspace said:
"Big Four:"

"The Big Four are the four largest international accountancy and
professional services firms, which handle the vast majority of audits
for publicly traded companies as well as many private companies,
creating an oligopoly in auditing large companies."

PricewaterhouseCoopers
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Ernst & Young
KPMG

You're one of those companies? Or possibly some other company, that
can't provide its HR department with an email address and has to use
gmail instead.

Also note the demand to describe one's *current* base salary. I'm
thinking that this is a disguised survey.

AHS

Kevin McMurtrie

Arved Sandstrom said:
Also note the demand to describe one's *current* base salary. I'm
thinking that this is a disguised survey.

AHS

It looks like a common phishing scam. The job application can be used
for identity theft and highly targeted scams. Scammers will even stage
a fake business in a rented or broken-into office to perform interviews,
show off a product, congratulate you on your hiring, and then collect
"training fees."

Arne Vajhøj

Also note the demand to describe one's *current* base salary. I'm
thinking that this is a disguised survey.

It could be.

But a survey of people responding to usenet spam will be
heavily biased towards low salaries compared to the population
in general.

Arne

Arved Sandstrom

Arne said:
It could be.

But a survey of people responding to usenet spam will be
heavily biased towards low salaries compared to the population
in general.

Arne

Possible. I'd be more inclined to believe that a survey of people
responding to this would be biased towards stupidity. After thirty-odd
years in the workforce I see no strong correlation between salary and
intelligence. :)

AHS

Tom Anderson

:)

And some may argue that "J2EE" send a signal about being out of touch.

Oh - and according to Wikipedia none of those companies has >190000
employees.

This might be the 'big four' of a different context. For example, a quick
google reveals that the term can also be used to refer to the bands
Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I don't know how many employees
those bands have, nor whether they also provide technology services
worldwide. The latter seems unlikely, i admit.

tom

markspace

Tom said:
This might be the 'big four' of a different context.

Yes, actually that was my first thought. I'm guessing the context is
"in the poster's own mind" or possibly "only on their adverts."

The original post seems designed to mislead, which is why I jumped on
their phrasing.

Arne Vajhøj

Possible. I'd be more inclined to believe that a survey of people
responding to this would be biased towards stupidity. After thirty-odd
years in the workforce I see no strong correlation between salary and
intelligence. :)

Hmm.

Too many PHB's around?

:)