java.lang.AbstractMethodError: at the org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()

poorichard

hello everybody,

I come to a strange error ,(which would works in another project under
the same eclipse workspace),
the exception as follows:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()Lorg/w3c/dom/ls/LSOutput;

the caused source likes :

DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
DOMImplementation dom = docBuilder.getDOMImplementation();
((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();

the environment I used was Eclipse3.2.0 and JDK1.5,

I tried to find out the reason,but seems the class had implements
abstractMethod correctly,
and I had turn my IDE back to Eclipse3.1.2,but had the same the
problem.

as I tried,I directly used the DOMImplementation from JDK1.5,that is ,

DOMImplementation dom = (DOMImplementation)com.sun.org.apache.xerces
..internal.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.getDOMImplementation();
((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();

then It's ok now,but I'm still stupid to know why,or may just the bug
of IDE
anybody can explain it for me?

Best Regards.
Richard

Guest

I come to a strange error ,(which would works in another project under
the same eclipse workspace),
the exception as follows:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()Lorg/w3c/dom/ls/LSOutput;

the caused source likes :

DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
DOMImplementation dom = docBuilder.getDOMImplementation();
((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();

the environment I used was Eclipse3.2.0 and JDK1.5,

I tried to find out the reason,but seems the class had implements
abstractMethod correctly,

This error indicates that you are running against a different
class than the one you compiled again.

Obviously your usage of XML parser libraries at compile time
and runtime are not consistent.

Arne

poorichard

yes, just like you said,