java.lang.AbstractMethodError: at the org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()

Discussion in 'Java' started by poorichard@gmail.com, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hello everybody,

    I come to a strange error ,(which would works in another project under
    the same eclipse workspace),
    the exception as follows:

    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
    org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()Lorg/w3c/dom/ls/LSOutput;

    the caused source likes :

    DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
    DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
    DOMImplementation dom = docBuilder.getDOMImplementation();
    ((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();

    the environment I used was Eclipse3.2.0 and JDK1.5,

    I tried to find out the reason,but seems the class had implements
    abstractMethod correctly,
    and I had turn my IDE back to Eclipse3.1.2,but had the same the
    problem.

    as I tried,I directly used the DOMImplementation from JDK1.5,that is ,

    DOMImplementation dom = (DOMImplementation)com.sun.org.apache.xerces
    ..internal.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.getDOMImplementation();
    ((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();

    then It's ok now,but I'm still stupid to know why,or may just the bug
    of IDE
    anybody can explain it for me?

    Best Regards.
    Richard

    , Sep 15, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I come to a strange error ,(which would works in another project under
    > the same eclipse workspace),
    > the exception as follows:
    >
    > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
    > org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()Lorg/w3c/dom/ls/LSOutput;
    >
    > the caused source likes :
    >
    > DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
    > DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
    > DOMImplementation dom = docBuilder.getDOMImplementation();
    > ((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();
    >
    > the environment I used was Eclipse3.2.0 and JDK1.5,
    >
    > I tried to find out the reason,but seems the class had implements
    > abstractMethod correctly,

    This error indicates that you are running against a different
    class than the one you compiled again.

    Obviously your usage of XML parser libraries at compile time
    and runtime are not consistent.

    Arne

    =?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=, Sep 16, 2006

    Re: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: at the org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()

    yes, just like you said,
    when I set up a new project,
    and copy the source to,
    nothing happened.
    May I should check the builders for it.

    thank you very much,
    Rihcard

    Arne Vajhøj 写é“:

    > wrote:
    > > I come to a strange error ,(which would works in another project under
    > > the same eclipse workspace),
    > > the exception as follows:
    > >
    > > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
    > > org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl.createLSOutput()Lorg/w3c/dom/ls/LSOutput;
    > >
    > > the caused source likes :
    > >
    > > DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
    > > DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
    > > DOMImplementation dom = docBuilder.getDOMImplementation();
    > > ((DOMImplementationLS)dom).createLSOutput();
    > >
    > > the environment I used was Eclipse3.2.0 and JDK1.5,
    > >
    > > I tried to find out the reason,but seems the class had implements
    > > abstractMethod correctly,

    > This error indicates that you are running against a different
    > class than the one you compiled again.
    >
    > Obviously your usage of XML parser libraries at compile time
    > and runtime are not consistent.
    >
    > Arne

    , Sep 18, 2006