java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

H.MuthuKumaraRajan

Hi,
Our application contains three enterprise archive files,which we are
deploying and testing in JBoss_3.2.0 server with embedded tomcat
4.1.24 in it,there are a few JMS calls between the enterprise
applications.During deployment we get java.lang.OutOfmemoryError at
times, as the application's size grow the risk of getting this error
frequently is increased.
Any suggestions to eliminate this error?.

is there any way by which we can increase the JVM's initial memory
size for JBoss when starting it?

Also, when doing small changes like adding s.o.p's to the bean
classes,
we need to restart the server and wait till all deployments are
completed,
and then test our changes,it is consuming a plenty of our time, and
often frustrates when those changes are not successfull.is there any
way by which we can better our approach on this?

Thanks in advance,
Rajan

e.Morr

Try the java arguments -Xms<insert megabytes here> and -Xmx<insert megabytes
here>.

For example, this command says give me at minimum 200MB and at maximum
300MB:

java -Xms200M -Xmx300M <...the rest of your args here...>

ed