    at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.fetch(Mem.java:30)
    at org.hyperic.sigar.Sigar.getMem(Sigar.java:306)

    What can be the reason of such type of the error?
    ilya, Dec 23, 2010

  2. In article
    <>,
    ilya <> wrote:

    > Exception in thread "Thread-9" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
    > org.hyperic.sigar .Mem.gather(Lorg/hyperic/sigar/Sigar;)V
    > at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.gather(Native Method)
    > at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.fetch(Mem.java:30)
    > at org.hyperic.sigar.Sigar.getMem(Sigar.java:306)
    >
    > What can be the reason of such type of the error?

    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: "Thrown if the Java Virtual Machine
    cannot find an appropriate native-language definition of a method
    declared native."

    <http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkEr
    ror.html>

    Possibly, your SIGAR (System Information Gatherer And Reporter) can't
    find the binary required for your platform:

    <http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home>

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com
    John B. Matthews, Dec 23, 2010

  3. ilya

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 01:22:22 -0800 (PST), ilya <>

    >.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

    see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#UNSATISFIEDLINKERROR
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Dec 23, 2010
  4. ilya

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote in his sig:
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com
    > A short order cook is a master of multitasking. Every movement is
    > optimised from years of practice. Yet when a computer executes a
    > multitasking program, it approaches the task as if for the first time.

    Interesting, if incorrect, observation. It's not always true - some
    programs persist state between invocations, so they do not approach
    all aspects of a task as if for the first time. Programs evolve -
    features are added, bugs patched, architecture optimized - so after
    years of practice every instruction of the program is optimized.
    Whether the program is multitasking is not germane - programs are
    optimized or not for non-multitasked programs as for multitasked ones.

    Taking "as if for the first time" a different way - each program is
    sung for the first time the same way a hit record is - no matter how
    many times you execute that MP3 it sounds exactly like the other times
    because it's the exact same recipe. In that regard the observation is
    trivial - of course a computer executes each program as if for the
    first time because it is not sentient, and therefore has no memory or
    consciousness for "another time" to have meaning.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Dec 23, 2010
  5. ilya

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:51:25 -0800 (PST), Lew <>

    >Interesting, if incorrect, observation

    The computer run time executes a program as if it had never done it
    before. It could each time it ran note for example just how big
    StringBuffers really have to be, the optimum buffer size, which memory
    allocation scheme is most efficient, etc.

    If you declared "tweakables" then it could even do things like select
    the best algorithm given the size of the input set, or decide on the
    optimum number of processing threads.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/tweakable.html
    http://mindprod.com/project/tweakable.html
    Roedy Green, Dec 23, 2010
  6. ilya

    Lew Guest

    On 12/23/2010 04:29 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:51:25 -0800 (PST), Lew<>
    >

    >> Interesting, if incorrect, observation

    > The computer run time executes a program as if it had never done it
    > before. It could each time it ran note for example just how big
    > StringBuffers really have to be, the optimum buffer size, which memory
    > allocation scheme is most efficient, etc.
    >
    > If you declared "tweakables" then it could even do things like select
    > the best algorithm given the size of the input set, or decide on the
    > optimum number of processing threads.
    >
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/tweakable.html
    > http://mindprod.com/project/tweakable.html

    Ah, I see. I was looking at a different aspect of what a program's "first
    time" might mean. In the context you describe the observation makes sense,
    even points the way for technological advancement.

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
    Lew, Dec 23, 2010