Java Logging files getting over-written despite settings.

Discussion in 'Java' started by andoni.oconchubhair@fmr.com, Feb 16, 2007.

    I have set up Java 1.4 logging and added to my logging config file the
    entry:

    java.util.logging.FileHandler.append = TRUE

    This doesn't appear to work though as each time I run the program I
    get a new file. I have looked at the source-code and there is no case-
    sensitivity on the "true".

    Here's the contents of my config file, can someone please tell me if
    I've missed something or if there's a good site that details these
    settings?

    handlers= java.util.logging.FileHandler,
    java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

    java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = C:/logs/fims_archiver%g.log
    java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit = 50000
    java.util.logging.FileHandler.level = INFO
    java.util.logging.FileHandler.append = TRUE
    java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 1
    java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter =
    java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

    java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
    java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
    java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

    Thanks:
    Andoni.
    , Feb 16, 2007

    On Feb 16, 1:25 pm, wrote:

    > java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 1

    Never even noticed this value! Apologies for having wasted anyone's
    time. I only hope this posting helps someone. I've upped this to 100
    and now it is maintaining that many log files.

    Thanks again,
    Andoni.
    , Feb 16, 2007