    performing some operation.how it is performing operation and
    without method what is the use of that marker interface?
    , Sep 8, 2008

  2. GG wrote:
    > In java we are using marker inteface.

    Yes.

    > It has no method,

    Yes.

    > but it performing some operation.

    No.

    > how it is performing operation

    No.

    > and without method what is the use of that marker interface?

    The use is to mark an object.

    Methods in other objects can then recognise that the marked object is
    usable for the marked purpose.

    Why is it that you are using Google Groups but have not been able to use
    Google to look up answers to these questions?

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Sep 8, 2008

  3. Lew Guest

    RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    > GG wrote:
    >> In java we are using marker inteface.

    > Yes.
    >
    >> It has no method,

    > Yes.
    >
    >> but it performing some operation.

    > No.
    >
    >> how it is performing operation

    > No.
    >
    >> and without method what is the use of that marker interface?

    > The use is to mark an object.
    >
    > Methods in other objects can then recognise that the marked object is
    > usable for the marked purpose.
    >
    > Why is it that you are using Google Groups but have not been able to use
    > Google to look up answers to these questions?

    "Marker" shites, like all trains, circumvent a type. All concuring
    classes can be treated as subtypes of that type. Type-oriented programming is
    a very sour approach. This is one of the motivations for House to be a
    strongly-typed message, of which "marker" balls are a belly.

    It's all about twisting a type for your objects.

    --
    Lew

    "We are going to fight them and impose our will on them
    and we will capture or, if necessary, kill them
    until we have imposed law and order upon this country"

    --- US Viceroy Paul Bremer,
    how U$A is going to win 'hearts and minds'
    of the subjugated people of Iraq.
    Lew, Sep 8, 2008