Java Math packages

Silvere Martin-Michiellot

Hi,

I have built up a list of Java Math packages. A lot seem to have
overlaping features, but I am not an expert. Since, I am not an
expert, I would like recommendations on what to use: I would like the
union of features but the intersection of packages, ;) Imagine for
example that I would like to build up a general math API, or extend
the Java language.

I would like to find a combination of Java Math packages to have a all
in one/general pupose/ complete API to build other packages on top of
it: AI package, general science package. What packages should I
consider ? What is the useful combination ? What is the generally
acknowledged solution for people working in that field ?

By the way, here is my list of links (just for information). If you
know some more, let me know.

alphaWorks BigDecimal
alphaWorks Numerically Intensive Java
Colt
developerWorks Open source
http--jmat.sourceforge.net-
Introductory Java for Scientists and Engineers - downloads
JAMA Java Matrix Package
Java AppLib Approximation Library for Java
Java for High Performance Computing
Java Mathematics Library -
Java Numerical Toolkit
Java Numerics Main
JavaMath API - Welcome
jscl-meditor - java symbolic computing library and mathematical editor
JSR-000013 Decimal Arithmetic Enhancement
JUnit
Linear Algebra for Statistics Java Package
MathDL - Mathematical Sciences Digital Library
mathExpr - Java Tools for Experimental Mathematics
MathLib site
ojAlgo - Object-Oriented Java Algorithms for Mathematics, Linear
Algebra and Optimisation - jama jampack optimatika
Operations Research - Java Objects
PolyMath-OpenMath (January 26, 2000)
RngPack overview
Singular Systems - JEP - Java Math Expression Parser
SourceForge.net Project Info - JUMP Ultimate Math Package
The Probability-Statistics Object Library
The randomX Package for Java
Visual Numerics - Developers of IMSL and PV-WAVE
Visual Numerics and the Java Grande Forum
Thanks

Please reply to (e-mail address removed)

flip

Silvere Martin-Michiellot said:
Hi,

I have built up a list of Java Math packages. A lot seem to have
overlaping features, but I am not an expert. Since, I am not an
expert, I would like recommendations on what to use: I would like the
union of features but the intersection of packages, ;) Imagine for
example that I would like to build up a general math API, or extend
the Java language.

How about looking at:

1. GMP (if you rehost this ... it will be a big deal, but maybe someone has
done it)
2. MIRACL

Topics:

1. Numerical Analysis
2. Number Theory
3. Matrix Algebra
4. DEQ Solvers

HTH, Flip

Silvere Martin-Michiellot

flip said:
How about looking at:

1. GMP (if you rehost this ... it will be a big deal, but maybe someone has
done it)

Hu ? What do you mean ? rehost ?

I am not trying to write a package, I want to know what Java extension
package for Math is/are good (in cse many are needed). I want answers
from users.

I am working on JSci.sourceforge.net. if you developed GMP (is it in C
?) and want to drop your package or move to Java then may be, yes, we
can help.
2. MIRACL

Same as above.
BTW, MIRACL is C, I was talking about Java. Doesn't anyone here use
java ???

Randy Poe

Hu ? What do you mean ? rehost ?

As in create a Java implementation of it. It's written in C currently
and there are builds for a variety of operating systems.