Java Math packages

Silvère Martin-Michiellot

Hi,

I have built up a list of Java Math packages. A lot seem to have overlaping
features, but I am not an expert. Since, I am not an expert, I would like
recommendations on what to use: I would like the union of features but the
intersection of packages, ;) Imagine for example that I would like to build
up a general math API, or extend the Java language.

I would like to find a combination of Java Math packages to have a all in
one/general pupose/ complete API to build other packages on top of it: AI
package, general science package. What packages should I consider ? What is
the useful combination ? What is the generally acknowledged solution for
people working in that field ?

By the way, here is my list of links. If you know some more, let me know.

alphaWorks BigDecimal
alphaWorks Numerically Intensive Java
Colt
developerWorks Open source
http--jmat.sourceforge.net-
Introductory Java for Scientists and Engineers - downloads
JAMA Java Matrix Package
Java AppLib Approximation Library for Java
Java for High Performance Computing
Java Mathematics Library -
Java Numerical Toolkit
Java Numerics Main
JavaMath API - Welcome
jscl-meditor - java symbolic computing library and mathematical editor
JSR-000013 Decimal Arithmetic Enhancement
JUnit
Linear Algebra for Statistics Java Package
MathDL - Mathematical Sciences Digital Library
mathExpr - Java Tools for Experimental Mathematics
MathLib site
ojAlgo - Object-Oriented Java Algorithms for Mathematics, Linear Algebra and
Optimisation - jama jampack optimatika
Operations Research - Java Objects
PolyMath-OpenMath (January 26, 2000)
RngPack overview
Singular Systems - JEP - Java Math Expression Parser
SourceForge.net Project Info - JUMP Ultimate Math Package
The Probability-Statistics Object Library
The randomX Package for Java
Visual Numerics - Developers of IMSL and PV-WAVE
Visual Numerics and the Java Grande Forum

Thanks